OE6 / Hotmail Virus Scanner

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Liquid_Fish, Feb 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liquid_Fish

Liquid_Fish Registered Member

I use Outlook express 6 to check my hotmail account and I noticed by looking at the log that NAV '02 was not scanning the messages.   Does any AV scan http email?

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

NAV would only emails which are transfered via pop3 protocoll. Kaspersky Anti Virus (KAV) scans emails in a different way. KAV scans the email database files of Outlook (Express).

wizard

3. Liquid_Fish

Liquid_Fish Registered Member

I've been wanting to try KAV but I heard that it slows down your machine a bunch.   I don't have the fastest machine so I was waiting for them to optimise it some more.   Have they fixed the speed issue yet?

Thanks for the reply wizard.

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

I got pretty fast computer and KAV 4.0 still slows it down. I would recommend you to wait till they get this issue right.  :-/

5. wizard

wizard Registered Member

For speed issues try to use KAV 3.5. I think http://www.avp.ch offers it this still for download. There are no differences in detection rates between KAV 4.0 and KAV 3.5. KAV 3.5 also works with a key file for later versions. As Kaspersky offers one year licence you can update/upgrade (or even downgrade) in this time periot for free.

wizard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.