OE Classic discussions and updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FanJ, Apr 10, 2017.

1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

For whatever reason my paid-for OE Classic Pro is suddenly giving a message that my free updates have expired and that I could get only free updates until 15 March 2020.
    I don't know what is causing this ..... If this is really true then I'd better not post what I'm thinking right now ...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. guest

guest Guest

Reason:
    https://www.oeclassic.com/order

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Aha, argh. I had completely overlooked that (or had missed it ...).
    Then so be it.
    Thanks @mood

4. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-03-17 (new feature)
    • [2020-03-17] Added "Save As" and "Save as Stationery" in the Message Editor (File menu)

5. Willy2

Willy2 Registered Member

- New update for OEC Pro v3.1 available:

Updates:
    [2020-03-25] Inserted Emoji pictures now have accessible name (image alt tag)
    [2020-03-25] IMAP improvements for less capable servers which don't designate special folders (2 improvements)

Bugfix:
    [2020-03-26] Spell checker Cancel button wasn't working when using the option "Always check spelling before sending"

- Improved Multi language support.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  6. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-03-26

Bug fix: [2020-03-26] Spell checker Cancel button wasn't working when using the option "Always check spelling before sending"

7. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-04-16

New feature
    [2020-04-16] IncrediMail import

Bug fixes
    [2020-04-04] Message source wasn't shown properly if the message consisted only of headers
    [2020-04-04] IMAP fixes for unrecognized message lists (2 fixes added)

8. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-04-19

New feature
    [2020-04-19] Improved accessibility and localization for the Save Attachments window

Bug fix
    [2020-04-19] IMAP fixes for unrecognized message lists (3 fixes added)

Some more taken from FB:
    The latest update of OE Classic (v3.1, 2020-04-19, https://www.oeclassic.com/) brings you:
    - Built-in import of IncrediMail messages, to make it easier for the former IncrediMail users to switch to OE Classic. As IncrediMail had used several different file formats, the import tool auto-detects the format. The importer will also be additionally improved as we move further.
    - Localization and accessibility improvements for "Save Attachments" window
    - IMAP compatibility improvements based on your error reports ("FETCH parser failed" error). Should be working better now and will continue to be improved in the subsequent versions. We don't list specific fixes but just the number of the fixes made (so far 3 fixes in this particular area, and over 20 improvements of the IMAP support since the 3.0 version).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  9. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

OE Classic Pro 3.1 beta - updated 2020-04-21

Bug fix
    [2020-04-21] IMAP fixes for unrecognized message lists (4 fixes added)

11. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-04-24

New feature
    [2020-04-24] Rewritten portions of IMAP code to improve reliability when reconnecting and selecting mailboxes

Some background info:

Today's update of OE Classic (v3.1, 2020-04-24, https://www.oeclassic.com/) improves reliability of the IMAP support. Previously, when a server has disconnected OE Classic it had to reconnect to perform further operations. As it appears, nowadays many servers disconnect clients after about 5 minutes of inactivity (though in the old days it used to be a longer period). Many older IMAP clients are unable to cope with these new "rules" (for example Windows Live Mail, but also some newer ones as well).

Problem was that the reconnect operation wasn't too reliable - sometimes it didn't select a correct folder to work with so the server has reported an error. This wasn't the problem when connecting initially, but it happened when the program was disconnected from a server so it had to reconnect after a period of inactivity. This led to lots of errors being reported in OE Classic.

So we've rewritten entire code responsible for connecting, reconnecting, selecting mailboxes (folders), checking if correct mailbox is selected before performing message operations, improved testing if connection is still active and much more. It should be pretty stable now and if we notice further misbehavior we'll tighten the code even more.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/oeclassic/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  12. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-04-29

New feature
    [2020-04-29] IMAP delete/move support for less capable servers

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  13. oaruhyo

oaruhyo Registered Member

Does this software offer a unified inbox for multiple IMAP accounts? I downloaded the free 3.0 version and don't see that feature. I also don't see any mention of it in the 3.1 version. Have I missed anything or is that just not supported? Thanks.

14. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

I use OE Classic for multiple IMAP and POP3 accounts, so yes, it does work for multiple IMAP accounts.

15. oaruhyo

The question is whether it supports a unified inbox for multiple IMAP accounts or if there is a separate inbox for each IMAP account. Thanks.

16. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

There is a separate inbox for each IMAP account, but maybe all incoming IMAP mails can be automatically moved to a one local inbox with the help of message rules (Tools > Message Rules...). I haven't tried it yet because I still use my old POP3 accounts (one inbox for many different POP3 accounts).

17. oaruhyo

That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

18. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

19. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-05-02

New features
    [2020-05-02] Auto detection of IMAP server capabilities (MOVE extension)
    [2020-05-02] Improved error logging in the Send/Receive window

Bug fixes
    [2020-05-02] Outgoing message details were shown in the wrong row in the Send/Receive window
    [2020-05-02] Tasks were accumulating in the Send/Receive window without being cleaned up (will result as a speedup and less memory usage)

20. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Here's some more info:

We have a great little update for you!

The latest update of OE Classic (v3.1, 2020-05-02, https://www.oeclassic.com/) brings the following improvements and bug fixes:

New features:

- Auto detection of IMAP server capabilities (MOVE extension). As some servers support MOVE extension and some (less capable) do not, we've added automatic detection if the server advertises such capabilities, without the program asking for server capabilities and introducing unnecessary network traffic (this is called "unsolicited response" from IMAP servers, which can contain useful info like the server capabilities). If MOVE is supported, it is automatically used. If unsupported, the less capable COPY/STORE/EXPUNGE method is used. So the server compatibility is now further increased.

- Improved error logging in the Send/Receive window. Connection start is now consistently logged for all the protocols OE Classic supports (IMAP, POP, SMTP, NNTP) and if the connection already exists the previous log is cleared and the "Connection exists" is added with the current connection parameters being used. This makes logs smaller and cleaner and also logging is faster.

Bug fixes:

- Outgoing message details were shown in the wrong row (always the first one) in the Send/Receive window. This is shown in the screenshot with this post. Now fixed.

- Tasks were accumulating in the Send/Receive window without being cleaned up (will result as a speedup and less memory usage). This created long and unnecessary logs, especially when IMAP or NNTP were used, but no errors were encountered. This may not seem like much but it will result in the program running faster and smoother.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/oeclassic

21. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-05-08

New features
    [2020-05-08] Accessibility improvement for message list - Unread/Flagged/Replied/Forwarded/Draft status are read
    [2020-05-08] Improved IMAP folder handling and increased compatibility with various servers which have misbehaved (2 fixes)

22. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

OE Classic Pro 3.1 - updated 2020-05-23

New feature
    [2020-05-23] Accessibility improvement for Main window and Message Viewer (excessive reading of panel names)

Bug fix
    [2020-05-23] IMAP fixes for unrecognized message lists (5 fixes)

23. Willy2

Willy2 Registered Member

OE Classic Pro v3.1 update:

Bug fix:
    [2020-05-25] Spell checker was selecting some words incorrectly triggering a false spelling correction.

My opnion is that the developers should focus (more) on adding more useful features instead of fixing small (?) bugs.

24. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Thanks for the info. In my opinion, a false spelling correction is more than a "small" bug. It's definitely more important than the introduction of "useful" features, which some people may not find useful at all.

25. 65Val

65Val Registered Member

Hello all...new sign-up here. Been reading all 14 pages of this thread...very interesting. I've been using OE Classic 3.0 free version for a couple of months now. Everything's working fine, except, I'm getting that small ad message ..."New Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail replacement - get it here: https://www.oeclassic.com/"... inserted into the middle of some of my outgoing messages. Can someone tell me how to keep this message at the bottom of the page, or delete completely?

Thanks for letting me join!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.