Odd SwBla Behaviour

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by PsychoBob, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoBob

PsychoBob Registered Member

I am having a bizarre problem with Spyware Blaster. It suddenly started throwing a warning MsgBox that says Invalid picture :eek: when running SpywareBlaster. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting directory completely, but to no avail. Ideas?

http://alphalpha.homeunix.org:3663/ims/spybla/spyerr.png

2. PsychoBob

Thanks SB - I completed everything but the first step. That msgbox appears when I try to run Spyware Blaster and then it craps out. I have seen this happen on a few other systems too.

The problem still exists though. I have used Hijack This to see if there is anything wonky, SpywareBlaster, Adaware and CounterSpy - all coming up nada for each user. Will keep hacking away at it though, thanks for the input!

-=[PsyB]=-

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Can you provide details on the specs of the systems that exhibit the problem?

For example:
    -Version of Windows
    -What anti-virus programs are installed on each machine, if any
    -What firewall(s) are installed on each machine, if any
    -What other security apps are installed on each machine, if any
    -Etc.

Thanks! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. PsychoBob

Blah! :rolleyes:

I figured out what the problem was. Using ProcessExplorer to try and track what was running, I found beta software that I was working on that I had forgotten was even still there, let alone running that hides from TaskManager. The software eliminates persistant OLE container files in the local settings/temp folder (~df####.tmp files). The other systems that were affected are actually the systems of the person who asked for a fix for those files in the first place :D So far, that I can tell, only SpywareBlaster was adversely affected by the software and I will pull it from my clients systems until I can figure out a way to make it compatible with SpyBla. Thanks for the help guys!

-=[PsyB]=-

5. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Glad I could help :D

Regards,

snowboard

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

A post concerning the use of regseeker have been removed as it is not the tool to resolve this threads listed problems

bigc

7. med0

med0 Registered Member

I am getting the same thing.

I deinstalled both SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster, but now I can't run
    Spyhunter.

I get the same Invalid Picture error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.