Odd incident since doing the latest WU

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by spy1, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I clicked to get the properties of a folder in Program files that was showing as "Hidden (washed out folder icon, like it should have been), but when "Properties" came up, the check-mark was NOT in front of "Hidden" - and it went through the little cycle of assigning attributes to everything in there. I checked the folder by opening it, and everything in there was showing the washed-out-looking icons. Right-clicked on the folder again to get "Properties" back after backing out of its' contents, and it showed the check-mark in front of "Hidden" like it was supposed to. Never seen it do that before.

The only thing out-of-the-ordinary that I've done today was do that nine-item Windows Update.

Can someone check some of their hidden folders and see if they act weird? Pete

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I just checked all my hidden flies and folders, everything's all right here. The check-box for hidden files/folders is checked. I also just did a 8-item WU and checked, everything's ok still.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I did a ten item WU....and all hidden folders are behaving OK.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Okay, guys - thanks alot. Must've just been something "twitchy" here on my end. Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.