Odd Image Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dukeofcrydee, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukeofcrydee

dukeofcrydee Registered Member

I just downloaded TI's trial to clone my C: to an external HD in a USB 2.0 enclosure. To bad that didn't work, since upon rebooting (but before Windows could fully start) the drive wasn't detected.

So I make an image since I'm really only concerned with preserving all my files. I turn on the drive and get L: & M: as usual. Run TI and select Explore Image for the first time. It wants to give a temp drive letter and I select one partition and give it N:

I go to Windows Explorer when done and now the external drive is gone. L: & M:, but N: is now available and I can work with the contents.

I unmount N: via TI, nothing happens. No L: & M:. I shut off and turn on the external drive and nothing. I check the drive's status by forcing Windows Explorer to show me L: and M: via the Address bar. Both show up, but in Properties they are "RAW".

Why the hell did that happen? I have rebooted, but I'm REALLLLY hoping that on a reboot I can turn my external drive on and have it work like it used to! But I just wanted to post this now while it's still fresh in my memory. Not able to reboot immediately right now.

Edit: Ok, I managed to reboot. All works fine again. Wonder if the initial problem was from TI or Windows?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dukeofcrydee,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file and Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.