Odd Behavior with Firefox Nightly

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by John Liebson, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Liebson

John Liebson Registered Member

I installed Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040922 Firefox/0.10 a few hours ago, in place of the 1.0PR release; this is a nighly update to the PR release.

Just a few minutes ago, I opened Spyware Blaster 3.2, which showed no protection at all for Firefox, and stated that there were no profiles for this installation (or words to that effect.)

I closed Firefox, relaunched Spyware, still no FF protection.

I opened FF again, then Spyware, and that time Spyware Blaster decided to stop being coy, as it now indicated full protection for Firefox.

While I realize that there's probably no absolute way of knowing what happened, conjectures gladly accepted.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Opening and closing firefox probably reset the nightly build update and the profiles. Right or wrong it Sounds pretty good. :D

3. John Liebson

John Liebson Registered Member

Possible, although I had previously closed and restarted FF a couple of times.

I think this is a lesson: After upgrading, say, Firefox, always check Blaster to see if it is awake.

End of discussion: As you say, "...it Sounds pretty good" Now, I've never heard any sounds from Spyware Blaster....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.