O/T anti-trojan to complement nod32?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by tobamore, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

Hello one and all,

I am writing to ask which anti-trojan software best complements nod32, other than tds3? I'm leaving out tds3 as this is already installed on my main pc, but my other pc has nod32 too and I would like to try another a-t on it. I believe that usually varying your defences (firewalls/av/a-t) is a sensible way of avoiding security compromises on 2 or more pcs, given that we share printers etc. ie. different software can equal more chance of discovery of mal content...

As always,

mtia
    #
    Toby.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I would definately go for Ewido. this is a fair good antitrojan with good support, daily updates and good signatures. I have nod32 too together with ewido (and some others) and I like it. and I will like it more in the future.

http://www.ewido.net/en/?section=features

3. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I agree that Ewido would be a good compliment to NOD32. Also you could check out boclean. I don't have a lot of experience with it but I hear nothing but good things about it.

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Registered Member

Trojanhunter also plays very nice with nod, no conflicts at all. You could always try it out first as it comes with a 30 day trial although you do have to update manually during this period.

http://www.trojanhunter.com/trojanhunter/

5. Infinity

these three are the major AT's on the field. it is up to you now to choose. try them all three (not at the same time though :D) but I have tds-3, ewido and Trojanhunter and to be honest, Ewido is rocking my machine real good.

Take care

6. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I run NOD and BOClean on a P4 2.8 machine that is used for gaming.
    For me that is a great combination and no noticable effect with the real time
    protection running on both NOD and BOClean.

7. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

Thank you all for your replies. :) I'm intrigued by ewido, I take it that this is relatively new? How does it's detection rate compare to those of tds etc please? Is it light on resorces and is there a forum to find out more? There is little info on the website...

#
    Toby

8. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

You can find more info in the other anti-trojan software section of this forum. There are a number of threads on Ewido and an Ewido affiliate (by the name of 'fish') posts frequently.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I use Ewido as well.

Cheers :D

10. Elray

Elray Guest

Hi, I'm haunting this forum while I trial NOD32 and I have learnt a lot from the posts and like the product. I just wanted to know whether anyone else has found that Ewido appears to slow down the system once it is installed with NOD32? My startup and slowdown extended once I installed it and I wondered if anyone else had that experience? If I continue with NOD32 I want to have done my homework first and get it right from the start.

Elray

11. Blackspear

Hi all, this is not really the forum to discuss this, it relates to a search for a Anti-trojan program and as such I have moved this to the "Other Anti-Trojan" forum.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  12. Blackspear

I don't use Ewido's "File Monitoring" component, as I found it slowed down my system too much...

Hope this helps...

13. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

That is why we use NOD with BOClean on a gaming machine. No noticable effect while running both NOD and BOClean real time monitoring.

14. Infinity

All I can say is the new Ewido is much faster, even defragging while monitor protection is hassle free, no hickups when copying, dragging, opening, starting any windows/files/exe's.

the performance and resource issue is a huge improvement on the version 3

15. Infinity

and did I allready say that Ewido scans for processes in the background now (V3 beta) like boclean I guess and deletes it without userinterventions (not all of them though) and we can use it now as an on demand only, I find this very OK at the moment. and no probs what so ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.