O&O DiskImage Pro/Imaging Questions

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheKid7, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I just installed O&O DiskImage Pro (Trial) on my newest PC. I have never used a disk imaging program before. It seems to be fast at creating a drive image but fast is not necessarily good. How does this speed compare with other imaging programs?

31.9 MB/sec for 7.44 GB with compression (1.99/1).

My system:
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    AMD Quad Core Phenom 2.5 GHz
    2 x 1 GB DDR2 1060 CL5 (Only running at DDR2 800)
    Seagate 640 GB SATA 300 hard drive

To fully know if O&O DiskImage works, I will have to buy it to get the Vista WinPE CD ISO to do the image restore. Does anyone have any recent feedback on O&O DiskImage's reliability at restoring images? I like the price ($30) which includes a Vista WinPE CD and the program does not seem to have much "Bloat" (Installer exe size: 7.06 MB).

Also, is it best to make a disk image with the "partition lock" option checked? The default is to not lock the partition that is being imaged.

Thank you.

2. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, macrium reflect free will image 30gb of data in about 23 minutes for a compressed size of 19.8gb on a amd 3400+ athlon64.This program uses a linux based restore cd or the bartpe restore.
    I made the mistake of buying an imaging program(Roxio Back On Track)and not getting a full trial first.Hope this helps,tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.