O&O DiskImage 16 Released: Now with its own Recovery Partition

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by guest, Oct 28, 2020.

1. guest

guest Guest

O&O DiskImage 16 Released (October 28, 2020)
    Announcement
    Website

NEW! O&O DiskImage 16 Professional Edition: Now with its own Recovery Partition!
    October 28, 2020
    https://blog.oo-software.com/en/new...l-edition-now-with-its-own-recovery-partition

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've always found this to be a reliable product but too slow. If they ever find a way to speed up differentials and incrementals I'll be using it.

3. guest

guest Guest

O&O DiskImage 16 Professional adds new RecoveryPartition to save you from disaster
    October 28, 2020
    https://betanews.com/2020/10/28/oo-diskimage-16-professional/

4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I decided to try Diskimage 15 - free giveaway. Slow is an understatement. It took over 20 minutes to do a system image. I made a recovery disk and did a restore. Restore was about 20 minutes, too. Restoration was perfect. Macrium and EaseUS are both twice as fast doing backup and restoration.

The restoration process confused me a little. It helps to read instructions (which I seldom do). All in all, even with Diskimage being painfully slow, I like it, and I can always be doing something else while it's working.

5. xxJackxx

If you have enough data it gets worse. I had it take 2 hours to do a full backup once, and 2 1/2 hours to make a differential of that same backup. The resulting differential file was not very large. I assume it is verifying every single bit in the backup. It never failed me and that is probably why but at that rate it is just faster to make a new full backup. Macrium is not flawless but has been pretty close and is much faster. Acronis is faster still but has failed me too many times.

6. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I settled on Easus ToDo. On this laptop it's a bit faster than Macrium in both image and restore.

I want to like O&O but their image and restore speeds are from the Dark Ages. I've removed it. One day on my laptop. Not a record for download and delete, but close.

7. xxJackxx

Good you found something that works. O&O has always made great software. We're just running out of uses for it. SSDs eliminate the need for a good portion of their stuff. Their Defrag is excellent, but it's a concept that time has left behind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.