O&O defrag

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Hezakiah, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

Hi everyone, i have a question, i have had O&O defrag for awhile now and would like to trial Diskeeper 8. after uninstalling O&O, it will still pop up in my tray every few days as if its defraging. i have searched everywhere including the registry and have deleted all traces of it that i find and the little icon will still show up in the tray once again. i have tried various reg editors and cannot find any O&O files anywhere in the registry. can you guys suggest anything i have missed? thank you :)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Why don't you try reinstalling the program and immediately uninstall and see if it uninstalls correctly.

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Hezakiah :)

After re-install like Ron suggested.. did you have it 'scheduled' in any way.. make sure it was not/or take it off...

One thing.... make sure to check the Running Processes? In Task Manager!

Did you stop the service first... O&O seems to need a service to even start up.. even though it does not connect to net, it needs to connect back to itself for some reason...if you stop this service, O&O GUI will not even fire up, it errors, I know, shut the process down once to see. :)

So, reinstall... check scheduling is off... STOP the service in Task Manager, and then uninstall. ;)

Let us know how you went.

TAS

Attached Files:

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I would go for Perfectdisk. I had o&o for a year but since I have Perfectdisk, I NEVER will go back again.

www.raxco.com

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Same here. PerfectdDisk is an excellent program with support to match.

6. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

Hmmm..PerfectDisk, never thought about that. perhaps i'll give that a try, and thanks to everyone for the help. :D

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Tested all three, O & O, Diskkeeper and PerfectDisk. Raxco's PerfectDisk is a winner in my book, and boy do those folks do tech support. Outstanding.

8. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I'll be the odd man out. I like Disk Keeper 8.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.