O&O Defrag, question on options

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by L815, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L815

L815 Guest

What is the difference between "Onebuttondefrag" and "Monitoring" in O&O Pro 11?
    I googled around for a while, but nothing really explains the difference.

For monitoring, I've read it enables low system load, and and defrags on the fly
    For onebuttondefrag, I've read it allows easy automatic defrag

Sounds like the same thing :/

Can someone please clear this up?

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

It be a smart defrag that defrags in the background during idle times or low cpu resources when necessary, as you say on the fly working on alittle part of the drive at a time where necessary. It keeps the drive less fragmented at anyone time if it does what it claims. Onebuttondefrag is a manual defrag of the entire drive which can take long time depending. It advisable to run nothing heavy and as few as possible programs during manual defrag. In fact most users in the end like to do a manual defrag every now and again to see some end result and that it has done a worthwhile defrag and put more trust in that and the monitoring turned off to increase resources. I don't know how good the smart defrag is on O&O.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  3. L815

L815 Guest

Thanks for the response. Monitoring with O&O doesn't impact my laptop at all. Feels fast and smooth :)

4. Arup

Arup Guest

One button with monitoring set will monitor files in the background and keep your hdd defrag and you will never need to do a manual defrag again. Its advisable to do it after a full defrag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.