NVidia SATA Raid support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mark Fruin, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Fruin

Mark Fruin Registered Member

I have a new PC with an ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe Mobo.
    I am using the Nvidia SATA Raid onboard controller with 2 SATA drives in Raid0 for Win XP. I bought True Image hoping to backup this drive.
    I made a custom boot CD and installed SATA Raid drivers from a floppy.
    The CD will not boot. Also trying to restore image at Acronis F11 prompt will not work. Can support for these drivers be included in next build.
    How can I get True Image to work for me? o_O

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

You can back up the drives from within windows no problem. The problem is restoring. The Linux boot CD won't recognize your RAID array because it doesn't contain drivers for Nvidia SATA Raid controller..

What does this mean? How did you make a custom boot CD that allowed you to install Raid drivers from floppy? Did you get the BartPE plug in from Acronis?

If you haven't tried it already, email support and get the BartPE plug in. You should be able to load your raid drivers then and image/restore to/from the raid array.

3. yolinux

yolinux Registered Member

I too, am using SATA. I use Knoppix to boot into linux Debian/GNU version, to image the harddrive. You can get a copy for free at www.knoppix.net. It is a live CD, so their is nothing to install. Great for people who want to experiment with linux without installing it on their drives. Good collection of backup tools and security tool box is included with this distro.

4. hectorsm

hectorsm Registered Member

Like jimmytop said this is probably a SATA/RAID driver support problem for the boot CD. My custom boot CD works fine with my Maxtor 300GB SATA drive but I am not using RAID just SATA. The support for NVidia NF RAID (not SATA) might be the real issue here. Eventually drivers will be made available that support the NF RAID chipset.

If you are not using RAID with your SATA drive then you will probably be OK. Build 800 finally supported my SATA drive. Before I was getting an error like "SATA drive not found" but now my drive is detected and TI load and runs with no problem.

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

If you use the Silicon Image raid controllers on your Asus motherboard, Acronis will work with no problem. Just change from the Nvidia to the Silicon Image.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark Fruin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please send a letter to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

I used the Enterprise build 1124 and made an image without a problem that where on the NVRAID controller.

This is wat the NVraid controller does --> it simulates a IDE controller. This is why you DO NOT NEED additional drivers when U use the windows xp bootcd!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.