"null" URL Classification

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by blinking_spirit, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blinking_spirit

    blinking_spirit Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2013
    Posts:
    48
    Hi

    Started noticing this recently in my search results - basically the same problem has been mentioned on the Webroot forums too - link

    This is what the problem looks like - http://bayimg.com/LaFKcAAFL

    Will the BETA address both this and the HTTPS problem faced?

    Thanks!
     
  2. PrevxHelp

    PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Posts:
    8,242
    Location:
    USA/UK
    Thanks for the report - our support team is aware of it but we have not yet found the cause. I'll let you know as soon as we have it solved!
     
  3. micafighter

    micafighter Registered Member

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Posts:
    59
    Location:
    Hungary
    Thanks ! :)
     
  4. blinking_spirit

    blinking_spirit Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2013
    Posts:
    48
    Thanks Joe!
     
  5. shadek

    shadek Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Posts:
    2,363
    Location:
    Sweden
    Thanks! It's quite annoying as it is right now. :)
     
  6. Triple Helix

    Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2004
    Posts:
    12,011
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes it is as you can't click on any links at times but I still have Opera 12.16 which isn't supported by the New Web Shield but Identity Shield stills works great with it but I'm sure Joe's Teams are on it, maybe that is one of the reasons they are still rolling out the New Web Shield slowly to all users!

    TH ;)
     
  7. Clive T

    Clive T Registered Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2002
    Posts:
    189
    Location:
    Kent, UK
    I've just started experiencing this and it appears to be caused when Sandboxie is operational. I've tested the same search results with and without Sandboxie and can reproduce this.

    I'm using Opera 18.0.1284.68 and Sandboxie 4.07.05

    EDIT

    This isn't the problem. I'm now getting the NULL message on virtually all Google searches, with or without Sandboxie. Refreshing the search page causes the correct search report to show, though.
     
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  8. micafighter

    micafighter Registered Member

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Posts:
    59
    Location:
    Hungary

    It is interesting. However, i am not using Sandboxie, or any other Sandboxing program, and I also experience this problem with Chrome. I got the new web filter by the way, so Chrome has the webfilter extension enabled.

    I also have Firefox, without the extension, the url classification doesn't work on firefox, but no "null" URL problem either.
     
  9. shorTcircuiT

    shorTcircuiT Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2013
    Posts:
    39
    Location:
    United States
    I do not use Sandboxie. I am running Windows 7 with IE 10, Chrome, and Firefox. I see the error on all three browsers, but not on ALL search results.

    Disabling the Filter Extensions in the browsers does of course remove the problem, and of course it comes back when re-enabled.

    Searches done on Google for the exact same search in all 3 browsers at the same time yields identical results. All three have the same results that are OK, and the same results that show the error.

    The same search, done bit later, again on all 3 browsers at the same time can yield a different set of results. The results that were affected on the first search might not be on the second, and the good results on the first search may very well be affected on the second. Again, the results on all three browsers match each other.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.