NTFS&HFS For Linux - support for newer kernels?

Discussion in 'Paragon File System Drivers' started by mrbumpy409, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mrbumpy409

mrbumpy409 Registered Member

I have been using the Paragon NTFS&HFS Linux filesystem driver for years to support an NTFS partition that is shared between Kubuntu and Windows 7. It is a fantastic driver, and so much faster and efficient than NTFS-3G!

The only problem I have run into is that the driver's kernel support is often severely lagging. The latest kernel it currently supports is 3.14.x. Anybody running an even moderately recent kernel will not be able to use this driver. The only way I've been able to keep using it is to stay on the Kubuntu LTS version, since it will not work with the newer, non-LTS releases. Will this driver be updated to support the upcoming (K)Ubuntu LTS release?

I've been using the free version of the driver, which means that I need to reinstall it with each kernel update. I'd like to upgrade to the paid version to get DKMS support, but I am hesitant to do so when I don't have any confidence that this product is going to be kept up to date. :\

2. Sch

Sch Registered Member

Any Updates on this? Just bought the pro version only to realize afterwards that it can't really be used with recent kernels...

3. mrbumpy409

mrbumpy409 Registered Member

Yay, I see the product has just been updated! This was the one thing that was holding me back from upgrading to Kubuntu 16.04. Yes, this driver makes a big enough difference for me that I was willing to wait to upgrade my OS until it became available. I don't know how people tolerate NTFS-3G when using shared NTFS partitions between Windows and Linux. The Paragon driver is soooooo much faster and barely sips CPU.

Thanks, Paragon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.