NTFS 8 for Mac logging options?

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by DoctorOwl, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorOwl

DoctorOwl Registered Member

Hi,

Where does NTFS 8 for Mac keep its logs? Or is it possible to turn on some more comprehensive logging?

I've encountered a couple serious issues with it since release but I would like to gather some more information next time it happens so I can send proper detail to support.

Some examples of stuff I've seen include:
    - Emptying a trash can on an NTFS disk causing OSX to grey screen (resolved by booting with a Windows system and killing the Trash folder).
    - Problems copying or moving files from HFS to NTFS, with files missing.
    - Problems after creating and accessing root folders in NTFS, even though CHKDSK reported everything was okay. There was no solution except to remove the folder in Windows and recreate it.

Cheers

2. SFBearBeef

SFBearBeef Registered Member

:'( I'm having exactly the same problems... Especially when Emptying the Trash...
    Also, when getting information on NTFS partitions in Disk Utility, ALL NTFS partitions show up as "NTFS (Compressed)" even partitions created in Windows...

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

NTFS for Mac OS doesn't have LOG files.
    SFBearBeef, DoctorOwl,
    I suppose, you have old build/version of NTFS for Mac, as latest build doesn't have such bugs. Contact Paragon support team http://www.paragon-software.com/webform

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.