nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware 4.0S (AVS4.0S) free antivirus using Bitdefender's scan engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by roger_m, Feb 11, 2015.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The Bitdefender definitions just updated. It's now just two updates and 9 hours behind Bitdefender. It will be interesting to see how often the definitions get updated.

2. roger_m

I'm using AVS v4.0 beta as my antivirus again. It's free, is very light, and asks me action to take whenever it finds a threat.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I can't find a valid website nor download for 4.0.

4. Secure_Guy

Secure_Guy Registered Member

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Warning, it appears you cannot get the full GUI in English. Even uninstalling, I am having to guess on which buttons to press based on placement.

6. roger_m

Did you download version 4? The UI is in English except for one button and firewall text.

upload_2016-8-1_8-51-26.png

This is the website for v4 beta.

7. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Looks interesting.

Thanks

8. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Yes I did. Also the button next to update, and some of the sub-menus, and the complete uninstall routine are what appears to be Korean or some other Asian language. I also did not like the fact that the programs spawns about 10-12 processes. I prefer to use an AV meant for my market. I don't really think that's the case for this one, based on the GUI and no English website.

9. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Well, that.s not really English. More like Chinglish :argh:

10. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

GUI seems functional, I'll test it out sometime in the near future. The characters look Korean though.

And I just verified that INCA is a South Korean company.

11. roger_m

Well it's from Korea, and English support is probably not a priority at the moment.

12. clocks

clocks Registered Member

The GUI is one thing, but wait until you try to uninstall, it is all in Korean.

13. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

14. Eqsecure and Malware Defender were great HIPS from Asia. I remember you liked a HIPS from the middle east (was it from Iran)? Zemena and Comodo are Turkish when I recall, correctly.So you trust software from the middle east. Where does your trust stop? India?

On the other hand, do you trust an OS from the US?, story goes around that they have backdoors included? Lol, better compile your own Linux distro.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  15. roger_m

When you uninstall it, select every checkbox and then click on the second (middle) button.

16. Rasheed187

Actually, I don't even fully trust AV's in general, no matter where they are from. And sometimes you have no choice but to trust companies, the Mac OS and Linux are no options for me. And it also depends a bit on the developers, I'm sure you know that Arman (from Iran) was quite active over here on the forum.

17. boredog

boredog Registered Member

18. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Well said W_S:thumb:

As well as thinking "Maybe I`ll just stick with AVG".

I must have got lucky last time I uninstalled it but I will refer to your info for future reference.

Could be time to give this another go ?All I remember is that either the updates or scans took some time and that could have been just a quirk related to my system ?

Very nice GUI which always helps.

Regards Eck:)

19. Rasheed187

I just checked it out via Sandboxie. And for my taste it's way too bloated, it installs way too many .exe files, and has way too many processes running, that's always a bad sign. I also wonder what the APT blocker is all about. But that's the problem with AV's nowadays, they are just not worth it.

20. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

The download url is 404ing.

21. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

Code:
    http://avsd.nprotect.net/avs40/setup/nProtectSetup_AVS40.exe

22. roger_m

As it is right now, AVS is too buggy for me to continue using. Yesterday, at some point it shut down for no reason. I only noticed this had happened when I saw it's icon was missing from the system tray. Today when I wokr my laptop up from sleep, one of its processes was using 25%+ CPU use for an extened period of time, for no reason. I was not running any scans, and it was not doing an update. I would have had to reboot to resolve this, but instead, I chose to uninstall it.

It's still only a beta, so hopefully the final version will be more stable.

23. roger_m

The stable version of nProtect 4 has just been released. There are now both free and paid versions. The paid premium version costs 36,300 Won (around $30 US) a year for three PCs

http://avs4.nprotect.com/en/index.html

24. imuade

imuade Registered Member

25. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

10Q imuade for this update. I am now monitoring this thread because Tachyon seems to have >100% stick-to-it-ism. Thanks to Roger for finding it, lo many moons ago -- I hope he resumes trial usage. His posts are illuminative.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.