NoVirusThanks OSArmor: An Additional Layer of Defense

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by novirusthanks, Dec 17, 2017.

1. B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/ Registered Member

Ransim is quite old. Most of the solutions should be able to block it nowadays.

2. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

this ok to run with windows defender??

3. aldist

aldist Registered Member

OSA has no conflicts with any antivirus.

4. loungehake

loungehake Registered Member

I am continuing to use Windows 7 but NOT for banking and other privacy sensitive functions. I have ticked ALL the OSArmor 1.4.3 protections along with a substantial number of additional SysHardener protections (done with considerable caution after first doing a system backup). SMB v1 seems to be tickable without loss of function and this is known to be insecure.

My assumption is that doing these things with OSArmor and SysHardener 1.5 creates a mass of tripwires which almost no exploits will get past unhindered. Am I being being overoptimistic?

The only blocks by OSArmor protections seen so far are when I initiate a system operation for which an exclusion has not yet been setup. Normal usage such as web browsing has not yet tripped a protection. MBAE 1.13.1.127 is also deployed.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.