Note to WindowBlinds users

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Notok, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I was having some issues with protected applications crashing, some would say it was an issue with wblind.dll and others would say it was an issue with one of the vb runtime DLLs, but it would only do this when protection was enabled. So after spending quite a while troubleshooting, I finally put the PG .exe's in the exclude list and voila!

I excluded dcsuserprot.exe, pgaccount.exe, and set it to just skin the titlebar on procguard.exe and that seems to have done it.

I'm not sure why but this wasn't an issue in the beta, but it is in the final. This really shouldn't be a surprise to WindowBlinds users, however :)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Notok, Probably that the Final version has better protection than the Betas. ProcessGuard does not like to be messed with :)

Thanks for the tip. Pilli

3. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi Notok :), I use WindowBlinds and have had no problems at all. Both wbconfig.exe and wbload.exe are in Protection List with only the defaults for each respectively.

Regards,
    Jade.

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Strange.. well that's WindowBlinds for ya, lol. I had/have WB in the protection list, but it seems to be WB trying to skin PG that was causing my problem. I've actually taken to excluding any low level software in WB.. every time I forget this I end up with problems. It's not a big issue to set per-app exclusions in WB, it's just a matter of remembering to do so, hence why I posted :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.