Not sure...

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Firecat, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hello,

Is it OK to post update alerts of new beta software...you know like nVIDIA ForceWare 75.90 beta and all?

Suppose I want to put up an alert of the new NVIDIA BETA OR OFFICIAL DRIVER, then where should I put it up?

Regards,
    Firecat

2. dog

dog Guest

Just my opinion and not a definite answer ... but ... Software & Services would be the place for that update.

One of the Admin./Mods. will provide a definite answer. ;)

Steve

3. Firecat

What about Betas?

4. dog

dog Guest

The same place would be good. ;)

But like I said above, one of the Admin/Mods will give a definite answer, they are the authority of such ... I'm just sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong ... providing an interim solution. :p :)

Steve

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi Firecat :)
    The best place to post software of a general nature is in software services. With regards to beta software you must be very specific with a full description of the software and with all links going to the Manufacturer's / Authors website. If you remain uncertain with a posting for beta software then it would be Wise to seek further advice from a member of the staff here

Regards

6. Firecat

Thanks for that Nick.

7. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Your welcome!

8. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

If I can add one thing for when posting beta links. If you post a link to a beta that requires a user to have to already be a registered user or to not let a user trial it if he/she has already trialed a previous release you should say that in your post. Reason I say this is because I did this and one of the members here was not happy. I won't mention any names :) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58087&highlight=regrun beta My post was almost suspended and it might have been removed cuz when I click the link to it it doesn't exist but maybe there is another reason.

I do agree with him totally but did not know at that time that this was the case.

Thanks,

Chris

9. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Chris,

The reason your post is gone is because once an update becomes obsolete then it is deleted. Obsolete update threads are the only ones that we delete from the forum. HTH ;) ...

10. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Sure does but they were going to suspend it till they looked into it more so that is why I thought that. Thanks for letting me know that it didn't get deleted though!

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.