Not happy with v9- what do I do?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pan2, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pan2

pan2 Registered Member

I just bought v9 last night direct from Acronis (build 2323) and tried twice to perform a full backup to an ext USB2 HDD (a task which poses no problems for my 5 year old version of Norton Ghost). In both attempts the backup failed with read error 0x70003. Quite disappointing to say the least.

I used a trial version of v8 a couple months ago and had no such problems with that version. I've heard that we v9 testers are able to d/l v8. How do I do this?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. pan2

pan2 Registered Member

Just wanted to follow up that the problem was apparently not with TI9. chkdsk /r did report several bad sectors and after this the backup operation worked properly.

Veering slightly off topic, what does chkdsk /r really do? If it detects a bad sector how do I know if there was data there and whether that data was readable and/or preserved?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

Please take a look at this Microsoft Knowledge Base article explaining what chkdsk command really does.

If you have any further questions on how to use chkdsk then please contact Microsoft Support Team.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.