Not getting a full defrag....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Later2u, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Later2u

Later2u Registered Member

I tried to search for this answer but didn't find a response that fit my problem. My question is I defrag my C: drive but it does not fully defrag. If I then make an image of it and then re-install it will I then be able to fully defrag C: drive? Will re-installing the image reformat C: so then I will be able to get a full defrag? My C: drive has been up for almost 2 years so I'm wondering if it's just the course of time that creates these bad sectors that don't defrag.

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

ATI just copies exactly what it sees so I don't think it will help here.

3. Later2u

Later2u Registered Member

Just to give you and whoever else is interested an update, I did a restore and was able to completely defrag the drive that would not defrag all of the way. Looks like you and I have learned something new Long View.

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

good to here. I wonder how/why it worked. As I said ATI copies exactly what it sees -- but before restoring it does delete the existing partition -- so perhaps that has helped. would be good to know but even so if it works then fine.

I have suffered from the same failure to defrag all the way but that was back in the bad old days of 95 -- hopefully never again . Anyway today I'm using ongoing defragmentation so rarely do a manual defrag - but thanks for the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.