Not automatically updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Clive T, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

I realised the other day that my (registered) version of NOD32 hadn't updated itself for a week. A manual update asked me for my password and the prog updated.

However, automatic updates still won't occur and each manual update asks for my password each time. The server is set to "choose automatically".

How do I resolve this?

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Isn't your licence expired ?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    you either have your user/pass entered incorrectly in the update setup panel, or your subscription has already run out. If you copied & pasted the up from the original email you received from Eset and you are sure your license is still good, please contact your local distributor or email support@nod32.com and provide them with a short description of the problem as well as with your user name.

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

He said he can manually update. How could he do that if his license has expired?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I overlooked this info. Clive T, please send the info on installed NOD32 from your CC along with the event log and a short description of the problem to support@nod32.com

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Do you place the Password into the pop-up that asks for it, or do you place the password in Control Panel>Update>update>Setup?

The second answer is the correct option...

Cheers :D

7. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

...and that's where it is! It's a new licence, renewed last month.

I'll contact the distributor and see what he has to say about it.

8. Blackspear

Make sure when you copy and paste that there isn't a space at the end of the password, I have seen this happen many a time...

Once in a blue moon a password goes haywire, in which case the distributor will cancel and reissue.

9. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

I have also seen username/passwords that get quirky. Removing the username and password from the Control Center clicking update and then putting them back in has fixed the issue.

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I don't have the email, except printed out, that has the password information so I have to type it in after reinstalling NOD32, installing a beta, etc. and I have a tip if you have to do that. Be very careful if there are any 0's and/or O's in your password. I have both next to each other and separately also. It is so easy to get them backwards or type the wrong one. 0 and O look so much alike if you are copying the password. I got them backwards fairly recently when I had to reinstall NOD and trying to change them later to the correct way does not work.

That popup box doesn't work either. I had to reinstall and make absolutely sure that I was typing them correctly. Postponing putting in user name and password when installing also will not work. You can't successfully postpone. That should be taken out of NOD32. At least any of the times I have postponed putting that information in until after the install was finished, I have had to reinstall. NOD32 is extremely picky about how it wants this information handled. If you humour it everything is perfect...otherwise it gets very grouchy. :p

11. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

When I try manual update, copy and paste doesn't work, I have to type in name and password. Sometimes there is delay between update notice at DSL Reports and my auto so I do manual.

Is there a way to change these into something easier to remember and type?

12. Blackspear

Your Username and Password is CASE SENSITIVE, and as such must be typed in precisely, or copy and past each into:

Control Centre
    Update
    update
    Setup

See attached screen shot

Once entered as described above, it is set and forget, there is no need to re-enter your UN and PW until you renew in the following year...

You can NOT change your UN and PW, it is allocated by Eset.

Hope this helps...

Attached Files:

13. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

What do you mean no need to reenter until you renew the following year?! I have to reenter mine everytime I uninstall and reinstall, for whatever reason, or install a beta, or get a newer version from the Eset site, etc. I must have done it a dozen times this year.

We need to be able to reset the user name and password after the initial use to something we can remember. I have never seen such a convoluted user name and password. :p Plus, in my experience you cannot set it AFTER installing. You can but it won't work. You will have to reinstall and set it during install. If you make a mistake, NOD32 doesn't tell you and you know what happens? You have to reinstall yet again because you typed the username and/or password incorrectly. Of course, you don't know it is incorrect until NOD32 tries to update and if you had uninstalled and reinstalled immediately, you wouldn't have it check for updates then. So, it would be some time before you realized you had typed that wrong.

I know it has been recommended that we copy/paste from the original email. I don't have the email on my box. I have a print out. Why would I keep that email on my box? I might have to reinstall the OS to fix OE and that could lose it. I never keep important things on my computer.

So, I think we need a way to change our password ourselves and our user name should be our given name ...not some weird bunch of letters and figures. I have always thought that seems a bit unfriendly and odd.

14. MCT

MCT Registered Member

just out of curiosity whats DMON?

15. Blackspear

DMON is in the new Beta, it stands for Document Manager.

16. Blackspear

I haven't had to uninstall and reinstall Nod32 on a single system as many times as you are suggesting, nor have the clients of mine, whom we have installed 500+ copies of Nod32...

We ALWAYS recommend saving any important emails that you want by clicking on "File\Save As" and pointing the file to be saved to "My Documents". Thus when you back up "My Documents to CD or DVD, you also save a copy of your Nod32 License.

17. MCT

MCT Registered Member

is the beta out now? if so where do i download it? i havent seen it posted anywhere

18. Blackspear

It was supposed to be out a few hours ago, so I would say it will be coming to a town near you today or tomorrow... ;) :rolleyes: :D

19. MCT

MCT Registered Member

20. Blackspear

The last beta was available right here at Wilders, from what I understand it will also be available from the USA site.

21. MCT

MCT Registered Member

can u post the link 2 the thread containing the beta on wilder's plz :)
    i havent seen it,ive checked beta forum & the v2 forum of nod32 section

thanks again :D

22. Blackspear

It has NOT yet been released, it will be soon, and links will then be posted.

23. MCT

MCT Registered Member

sorry i misunderstood what u had said.. i thought it was already out :p
    regards

24. Blackspear

That's ok, I have a pre-release copy, and I'm impressed with it :D

25. MCT

MCT Registered Member

im intrigued with the thought of the new dmon , is it like WFP ? (Windows File Protection) ? whats its purpose? :p

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.