Norton's and Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Zazzer, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zazzer

Zazzer Registered Member

Does the program install ipinsigt.dll, ipinsight.exe, sentry.exe or sentry.dll and is this part of the program? The reason I ask is Norton's is picking it up as a threat.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster doesn't install or use any files with names anything like those.

What was Norton detecting those files as?

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Zazzer

Zazzer Registered Member

I will give you what I got from their site(Norton's).

Type: Adware
    Publisher: IPinsight

This threat can be detected only by Symantec products that support expanded threats

Summary

Behavior
    Adware.Ipinsight is installed as either a process or a browser helper object (depending on the version of the program). It allows information entered into forms using Internet Explorer to be tracked and returned to a central server, with a unique ID.

Symptoms
    The files are detected as Adware.Ipinsight.

Transmission
    The Adware program must be manually installed. However, There are several known programs that have Adware.Ipinsight within them and that install it as the program itself is installed.

Now I must tell you, I have installed two programs since my last scan. Yours and Wacom graphire2 drawing pad. I'm leaning more toward the Wacom graphire 2 drawing pad but thought I'd ask before I start messing with the pad. Do you know if Wacom would install such a program?

4. Diamond T

Diamond T Registered Member

Zazzer - if you do a search/find for those files you should be able to find out what program's folder they are in. Or search and right click on the files - properties should give you some insight as to what program they belong to.

5. dog

dog Guest

Hi Zazzer, :)

I use Norton's AV ... and all of Javacool's proggies (Thanks BTW Javacool ;) ) I've never had those results ... Javacool's products are top notch, as are IMHO Norton's (even though I had a few issue's with some of Norton's products ... but things can happen to any program ... and all issues have been resolved)

A search could reveal the culprit ... you could also check at Spychecker.com to see if Wacom or any other recent downloads you may have D/L'd that may have come bundled with IPinsight.

But rest assured it definitely wasn't one of Javacool's proggies. ;)

HTH :)

dog - *puppy*

6. Zazzer

Zazzer Registered Member

I'm still not sure where the file came from but believe it was the Wacom software. I found the offending file and deleted it. Your program seems
    to be doing a great job. I haven't had a problem yet.

7. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

I think I got those exact same files running a spyware cleaner. You should run one too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.