Norton vs NOD32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by krizz, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpilati

bpilati Registered Member

Oh, well let's all buy Andreas Marx AV program. What did he/her write? Just as I thought. Oh yes, let's trust the Germans to tell us which AV software to use? I suppose theirs is better? Of course the two worst programs, how believeable is that? Think man!

2. zcv

zcv Registered Member

Hello Contoler,

Don't like suites which are only as strong as it's weakest part.

There are other tools for what you mention.

Regards - Charles

3. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Norton is a good scanner, but it is not superior to Kaspersky's protection. I'd put it up with any other AV, though, including NOD32 - I'd use NAV over NOD and maybe use BitDefender Free for some extra on-demand heuristic ability.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

blue hit the nail on the head with his stability/liveupdate issues - we were begrudging Norton users until we discovered NOD32 - became impressed enough to want to spread the word and have NEVER looked back...

other posters have mentioned suites - we have a number of tools we run - so do others here... I wouldn't recommend ANY single solution, and I personally don't think you get any system/overhead savings from sticking with any one vendor... ask in the spyware forums for combos of tools that run together well, or look in the sigs of some of the regular posters - they'll have their current toolset in some circumstances.

We run a suite of tools that run from commercial degragmenter, NOD32, a number of freeware tools that help with any number of things - from ccleaner to remove the garbage, to SpyBotSD and SpywareBlaster. Combine these with both hardware AND software firewalls and you might start to think you're safe - I'm not sure you can ever be 100% safe, but layering your protection will help... read on... lots of opinions will be found here though... good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.