Norton power eraser - way to custom scan?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by opcode, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opcode

opcode Registered Member

I can't seem to find the option. Would be nice. I have a thousand or so virus samples in a folder under c:\ and it keeps ignoring that folder on the settings its apparently locked into. I suppose I could copy the viruses onto system32, but I'd rather not.

Anyone know if custom scan is possible?

Thanks.

2. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

It was possible to choose a directory to scan with earlier versions but they took the option out.

3. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

Norton Power Eraser is an stand alone recovery tool/scanner for embedded active threats.

Norton Power Eraser is designed to clean up pernicious and persistent threats that have eluded regular virus scans.
    Norton Power Eraser is designed to clean up systems infested with active threats and/or their associated rootkits.

The new Symantec Maximum Repair (SMR) engine of Norton Power Eraser uses aggressive heuristics with advanced removal
    capabilities, looking for behavioral patterns, evasion techniques, and rootkit activity, typical of embeded active
    crimeware, malware, viruses, and rootkits, in systems that are known or unknown to be already infected, and then
    clean/recover/repair the infected system.

What's driving Norton Power Eraser? by Norton Protection Blog:
    http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Protection-Blog/What-s-driving-Norton-Power-Eraser/ba-p/292256

HKEY1952

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.