Norton Power Eraser 4.0 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by malexous, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

My understanding is entries in the "non plug & play" section that are greyed out are not being loaded. In your case did the drivers still exist on the system or only the references to them in the Device Manager?

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Unless you play a lot of PC games which supports the new DirectX versions above 11. :)

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

if you look in most categories in device manager with the option to show hidden drivers you will find all sorts of stuff no longer used or connected to your PC,is everything like that bad in your eyes or only stuff associated with Norton?if you have even connected a flash drive to your rig the driver will still be there when the device isn't,just take a look under disc drives,we all know or should know that nothing totally cleanly uninstalls,stuff is always left behind,I bet if you look at properties of this "crud" left behind it will say device no longer connected or similar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.