Norton Internet Security 2008

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Fajo, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Hey guys on my other computer. that is mainly for AV testing we have NIS2008 running but every time I tryed to get the trial to last more then a Day it pops up and says the trial is expired.. any ideas Im planing on buying a key for it as my Father in-Law loves the program but I need to test it more then 12 hours. :doubt: anyone have a 30 day key at least where I can get one ? So I can mess with this or tell me a Idea how to freaking fix it. :mad:

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You better report this to Symantec, we don't give serial numbers away at Wilders, that is illegal.
    NIS2008 has a 30-day trial without needing a serial number. :)

EDIT:
    I downloaded the trial version of NIS2008 an hour ago.
    Installed it, executed a LiveUpdate and did a full scan.

The Norton Protection Center says : "Subscription: 30 days remaining" and I didn't use any serial number.
    So there is nothing wrong with NIS2008, it must be your computer.

Now I'm going to uninstall it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    if you only use that computer for testing cant you reinstall that machine and then install norton and try it?

4. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

Just type "90 days trial of Norton Internet Security 2008" in google.

I am sure, you will get the new 3 months trial.

I can't post link link here. :)

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I sent a email to nort we will see what happens as for calling them not at 2.99 a min im sure the hell not. I may just wipe the computer and try installing it that way. I cant see wit works fine for 12 hours or so then dies. it has never been on the computer before but meh we shall find out I was trying to get away with not having to reinstall the OS but I may have no other option.

6. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I don't know if this applies. I trialed Norton on this machine about a year ago. I removed all of it, I thought, when the trial ended. Recently downloaded the newest and it won't give me the trial, either. It just tells me my 30 day trial has expired.

Did you ever have Norton on your machine before? That might be the reason it won't run the trial?

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Nope only thing that has been on there is Zone Alarm, Kasper, Dr Web, Eset, Avast, and a Few others. never Norton tho, Registry is clean I went over it again also made sure there is no files in any directory hidden or system. this one has me stumped as why its doing this.

8. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

I'm pretty sure that this is the issue. I've seen it on several computers. So Fajo, I guess you have some regedit cleaning to do :D

Cheers

9. L815

L815 Guest

Have you ever tried Norton on any other computer on the same network? I know a few companies who use IP's for tracking trials.

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Been there done that registry is clean :doubt:

No Norton has never touched any of my other computers :eek:

11. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Hmm...have you tried with jv16 PowerTools 2008? You will be amazed to se how much crap and leftovers there still are, even if you been in the registry yourself. I'll strongly recommend giving it a spin.

Cheers

12. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

one one laptop has 2008 edition tomight it gave up wouldnt start up and kept on popping up saying one of it modules has failed :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

couldnt do anything with it, I downloaded that nrt and walla, It fixed and removed that tripe andd now its all perfect again just minus norton 2008 lol

13. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I use one called Reg Organizer. that I have used for the last year or so works awesome and I do go in there my self and make sure its clean. I really cant figer out what is going on.

14. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

That is strange if Norton has never been on your computer before. There is an ongoing discussion over on the Symantec forum about a similar issue but most of the discussion seems to be backchannel (emails between user and moderators).

90 day trial expired after 3 days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.