norton internet security 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ashishtx, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

Ashishts i have read that NIS2007 has HTTP scanning for virusses so a virus is detected before it gets on the harddisk can you test this with the eicar file?

2. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I did eicar test on norton internet security 2007 and it detects all the eicar files including the .txt files which some antivirus don't report infected( in browser other than ie). It promptly detected the eicar test file in opera,firefox and ofcourse ie. Regarding the http scanner, i am not sure because i have uninstalled the beta. Please correct me if i am worng.

3. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

Does anyone know when the retail version of NIS2007 of antivirus 2007 is going to be released?

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I think the new versions of Norton usually come out around September or October.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Post with download links removed for review.

bigc

Edit: The post with the links to the Norton beta won't be coming back. If you would like to trial the beta you should go through the proper channels, register and get a legal copy.

Bigc

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  6. bwoirhaye

bwoirhaye AV Expert

7. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Ok so this is a little old, but I got bored and thought what ever I will give NIS beta a shot.
    Impressions:
    Instllation was slow, on a Pentium Mobile 1400 with 768MB ram, took around 12 minutes. Also initial updating seems to have failed to load any virus definitions at all, and I still get this error in the Symantec Security Center. It says all products are up to date, this may have something to do with them not emailing me the code to activate it, it has been over 8 hours. Overall system response is slow as ever, and the absolute best part is that when I "Corrected" the "problems" it found, NIS07 decided to turn on autoupdates and download the WGA tool that I specifically didn't download, yes my copy is legit. So all in all I say this needs alot more work. So needles to say not for me, or my any family members I advise, this would kill most of their machines.

//EDIT//
    Also after uninstall there were, according to Total Uninstall 3.0, 2104 actions required to set the state back to the original setup. FYI

But if it works for YOU more power to you!

//EDIT#2//
    Still no beta code....

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  8. rowantrollope

rowantrollope Registered Member

There was a defect with the public beta failing to update. This has been fixed in the latest beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.