norton internet security 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ashishtx, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

norton 1.JPG
    screenshots

2. ashishtx

norton 2.JPG
    second screenshot.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

whats new in this version?

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It looks as if it has the same options as my NIS 2005. just a different interface.

6. ashishtx

The notable change in this version is the new graphic user interface which responds quickly than previous version. There is also an toolbar which monitors for fraudulant website as a part of online transaction security(which is shown as limited coverage- may be there is more to come from symantec).Rest of the things such as antivirus,firewall options look same. Last but not the least, antispam module is not present at this time. Please correct me if i am wrong.This is the screenshot from task manager. process norton.JPG

7. ashishtx

screenshot of a firewall settings firewall settings.JPG

8. bamboom

bamboom Registered Member

where can we download this stuff from. I have also registered for there ET but their is no download link can you send me a link at bamboom[AT]rediffmail[DOT]com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2006
  9. ashishtx

If you have registered for external test,then you must have recieved email from symantec saying that "You have been selected to test Norton Internet Security 2007, the latest version of the world’s most trusted internet security suite". This is all i can say.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2006
  10. bamboom

bamboom Registered Member

I have not received any mail from them and in my account page it says you are not enrolled in any current projects. I think they do not select all the members of ET for Testing

11. dog

dog Guest

One post removed as it was an unsubstantiated bash, needless and OT.

Regards;

Steve

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Isn't it too early for 2007 versions :doubt:

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I read a review of Norton security(2006 probably) recently on pcmag and was impressed to read as they stated its dealing with spywares was almost equal to spysweeper.

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This must be a BIG lie . Norton is still poor with spyware and trojans , even missing some.

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

"NIS with Auto-Protect offers better protection against spyware than any of the other security suites we've tested. Its defense capability approaches that offered by our standalone antispyware Editor's Choice products, Spy Sweeper 4.5 and Spyware Doctor 3.2."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1883044,00.asp

16. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

In this new version of Norton Internet Security, is there an option to turn off the Norton Protection Center?

I find it rather annoying. :mad:

17. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Is the upgrade from NIS 2006 free now? Even McAfee now offers free upgrades if you purchase software as a subscription service from their store....

Other than that, the product looks good, though for some reason it reminds me of Microsoft OneCare :doubt:

18. ashishtx

The norton protection center in this version is quite unobtrusive. I found this version comparatively light than the mcafee bete and it seems to be no noticeble drag on the web surfing due to this internet security 2007.

19. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

LOL.

I believe in Santa Claus too.:D

20. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Three off-topic replies regarding an AV product not even part of this thread have been removed.

The discussion is norton internet security 2007

21. controler

controler Guest

Not to be sarcastic but can you tell me who has been in the AV industry longer then Norton ( Symantec)?

Again a little history. peter Norton wrote the first GUI OS for Bill Gates when they worked together for somewher around 30 or 40 grand. He supplied the best utilities in the world for computer repair. None will discount this.
    gates is now stepping down as CEO of MS to futher his goals with Wife Balinda in a life saving goal. Buffet is giving his 40 billion to the foundation also as I have heard. With that kind of money anything is possiable.

Would you call their moves greedy? I sure wouldn't. I would call their moves Soul saving to say the least.

Now remember Bill Gates has the same status as King Solomon did in his day.
    What they do is their Soul journey.

Most here hate the kind of power Gates and Norton have. They can be new listening to to same old hate or old as I am.

It is not a matter of how open an OS is but rather what has it done for the world we live in?

We all know there have always been bad guys and will always be.
    Follow ur heart and go can never go wrong. Do not always listen to what the so called security experts have to say.

Just believe in your rights. It is really as simple as that.

controler with ONE L

22. ashishtx

i have been using norton internet security 2007 for two weeks but it misses the most important thing that antivirus needs, updates. It still shows virus definitions of 17 june 2006. The irony is that the live update shows all the components are up to date. What should i expect from beta or pre release software?

23. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Must be a bug or problem in the beta.. When I used NAV 2006 I got updates pretty much on a daily basis.. 2007 should be the same..

24. Durad

Durad Registered Member

What do you want to say with this?

25. controler

controler Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.