Norton Internet Security 2004 will not work!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vkidv, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vkidv

vkidv Registered Member

Hello,

Im having problems with Norton Internet Security which installed just fine, No Error messages or any bad sort.

Now when i installed it, And tried to open it. Absolutley NOTHING happens.

Of Course ive tried restarting my PC, Reinstalling it like a million times. And ive tried Symantec, The automated assistance just said proceses missing:

Despite all this, Trying all the guides trying to get it to work. Nothing will happen. One strange thing ive noticed, is whenever i DO try open it, the crosshair comes on and then goes away straight after. I also notice that:
    CfgWiz.exe and NMain.exe open when i open it, But close RIGHT after.

Ive also tried installing my Norton Antivirus 2003 and then tried Internet Security 2004...

I dont get this:
    I know they ae missing
    They'll all ON. They SHOULD start up when the computer turns on.
    Whenever i try enable Symantec Event Manager On, it just says 'The service did not respond to start or control request in a timely fashion.

I also have tried disabling almost every product which starts up at Startup.

I also notice somthing wierd in my Spybot-S&D, Under start up:

HKLM:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\cfgwiz.exe /GUID NIS /CMDLINE "REBOOT"

This SHOULD turn on when i turn the PC on. But it does'nt :

Nothing works.

Please help, I hope ive provided enough information. :confused:

2. Well, I've been using NIS 2004 now for 2 months with absolutely no problems.. It sounds to me like their is a conflict with what you installed and what was probably in your system, although I can't say for sure. Are you running Sygate too?

I would suggest that you post your problem at http://www.dslreports.com/ , at the Security Forum. There are a lot of Symantec users there, and "Antdude" is a Symantec employee who works for the NIS team. He will be sure to solve your problem, once and for all...

I hope you didn't wear out the product activation with your many installs and reinstalls... I think Product Activation on an UNMODIFIED System is good for 15 reinstalls... I'm not sure.. If you did, they'll help you over there..

Thanks
    ;)

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Shooter,

Logic demands to contact Symantec Support as a paying software customer instead of recommending someone on another board. Symantec is obliged to help out its customer "face to face". I'm sure you do agree that's the common way to provide software support.

vkdiv, you are entitled to support; I recommend contacting Symantec.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.