Norton from comcast ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Johnny B Goode, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny B Goode

Johnny B Goode Registered Member

Hi all is This a good AV and overall security i would like to use it so far on windows 8.1 i have been using just the built in stuff, but my ISP offers this and i was wondering if i should go with it after all they should give me something, for all the money i pay them. I was also wondering if it will block my programs like Steam,Netflix metro app and windows games and stuff like that. If anyone is using it let me know i run a high performance alienware machine so slow down should not be a issue i would think.

2. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Hey Johnny,

I have been using Norton Internet Security for over 4 years and I consider it to be one of the premier security suites. AV and anti-malware is excellent (but I still complement it with Shadow Defender). I don't think you will have any problems with it blocking legitimate software, but if you do it is easy to 'allow access'. While Norton installs quite a number of programs, in operation there is very little performance impact.

TS

3. Johnny B Goode

Thanks Shadow for the prompt reply :) is there anything i need to do to it when i play games ?

4. century

century Registered Member

Norton IS a good AV & overall security. Go with it unless you FANCY something else. I second "The Shadow".

5. Johnny B Goode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.