Norton 2009, I don't feel protected

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

On the subject of pulse updates, I have them turned off on a laptop belonging to a local group. The laptop is not on every day or even for the whole day when it is operational so I figured it was pointless having pulse updates active. When it is switched on, I run LiveUpdate and that downloads the latest definitions.

If pulse updates are activated and updates are missed, it appears LiveUpdate pulls the missed set of definitions since the last pulse update. I believe full updates are downloaded every few hours in between pulses as well.

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hi Zeena.

Thanks for that information. I've only had it installed since 10/1/08. I did an uninstall/reinstall because the first time I had it installed, a full system idle time scan ran once. After 14 days, of not having a full system idle time scan run again, I thought maybe a uninstall/reinstall might be the solution. I'll wait a few more days to see if it finally runs again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.