Norton 2003 help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by spokes, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spokes

spokes Registered Member

Hi I have norton 2003 installed on win 98. Was running fine until my son opened mail and picked up w32. Pc now clean of virus but unable to load norton 2003 without this annoying 1004,1 error and 4002,519. did all that symantec suggested,but error still occurs : cannot import C:programFiles\symantecshared\ccreg.dat..uninstall ,reinstall ,deleted "CC" files from symantec ...but still get msg
    Settings alert! Some Symantec product settings have been changed by an unauthorized program. This can indicate that an attacker or a virus is attempting to disable your program. To avoid problems settings will be reverted to their previous configuration and the system will be restarted."

Is there somewhere in the registry that need to be edited manually?
    can you helpo_O?

2. Oldjim

Oldjim Registered Member

Frankly editing the registry with NIS 2003 is a disaster it hides everyware.
    Your best bet is to follow the following procedure
    Boot into safe mode
    Uninstall NIS
    Boot into normal mode
    Delete the Norton Folders
    Run in this order
    Rnav2003
    RnisUPG
    SYMCLN
    Reboot and then try a new install.
    You could also use JV16 reg cleaner if you still have problems.
    The basic instructions are also given in Section 3 of this Symantec Procedure

3. spokes

spokes Registered Member

thank you very much for your help, those instructions were bang on I am up and using 2003 once again ....many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.