norton 2002 face lift ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mr.Blaze, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:eek: ok so i have norton 2002 system works that come with norton firewall

now if your new to system works heres the dowenload anything that is made by norton seems to know when there atre other programs made by the same company norton

what happens then is the new software gets added to the main systemworks interface

for example blaze install norton system works

later maybe decide he no want to run zone alarm pro as a fire wall no more so i lol install nav 2002 fire wall

rather then have to start two difrent programs sepreatly nav 2002 firewall becomes part of norton system works main interface thats awsome

but i dont use nav 2002 fire wall i love my zap

i got a new program called norton ghost 2003

i knew it might become part of nav system works 2002 interface like the fire wall but what i had no clue was

will see for your self lol

Attached Files:

2. Mr.Blaze

:eek:the whole entire interface changed

looks way cooler

now hers the big qustion if i were to buy nav 2003 pro rather then nav system works 2003 would it uninstall nav 2002 and replace it with nav 2003 pro and become part of the main system works interface

for example not sure if this is posiable but

let say i uninstall only nav 2002 and not system works 2002 just the anti virus program then i install nav pro 2003 would it become part of the main interface like norton ghost 2003 ?

3. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

:doubt: If you buy into NAV2003, beware they've now bought into the "Product Activation" thing...

http://www.symantec.com/nav/nav_9xnt/pa.html

4. Mr.Blaze

I dont see nothing wrong with that it always good ideal to protect your software

but i got qustion if your yearly subscription run out does norton stop working all together?

or is it just the auto updates or all updates in genral

5. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Agree with Mr. Blaze here.
    Dont see anything wrong in productactivation. IMO
    Regards
    Ole :)

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

The idea of the "Product Activation" is already old-fashioned and nothing worth!

Just like for other products with such an activation, there are already on internet several key/license -generators available for NAV2003.

7. StAnger

StAnger Registered Member

Once your subscription runs out, you can no longer update. The program will be active, but grow more and more outdated ofcourse.
    You can then choose between getting a new updates subscription for the program you already have, or buy an upgrade to the next build which includes another year of updates. The last option is more expensive.

8. Mr.Blaze

:DStAnger thank you so much for that info

hmmmm these prgrams kinda suck maybe i should buy nod but its basicly the same thing

or perty close to same price

for the same price as a new nav with yearly subscription same deal with nod

hmmm to bad tds dont make an antiviruse product

how does it work with nod

can you upgrade freely verstion but subscription for new def's cost money

or does the new buil cost money to

i cant rember but i think like at walmart nav new builds in box always cost around 30 bucks with one year subscription

it gets real costly with system works + firewall

if nods subscription is close to 30 then might as will stick with norton cause i get a box a cd slevew and a usser manual lol

i dont know is there a really good antiviruse program out there that dont charge for a yearly membership

9. StAnger

You're welcome. I like having an actual CD too. I dont mind paying for upgrades and definitions. That's what they do for a living. ;)
    Not sure about NOD, but lots of people around here using that, I guess.

10. Mr.Blaze

:D Yes i algree it good ideal to have a cd it comes in handy

i might get nod or some other av to act as a back up one that plays will with other alawys good to have a back up :D

11. StAnger

I was thinking about the same thing. Use Norton as resident and use a fast scanner (like NOD is said to be) to do full system scans from time to time. Already use TDS for trojanscans. I wonder how the AV experts feel about that setup.

12. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Hmmm no AV expert, but imo this sounds like financial overkill ;)
    NAV or NOD are equal and equally expensive. Get Avast as your backup scanner. It's good and free.
    My primary AV is Etrust. At least the yearly updates are lots cheaper than renewing NAV yearly. NAV also has (at least. .. used to have...) cheaper subscription rates for signature updates only. No need to get the programs updated every year.

13. StAnger

Let's forget about the money for a moment. :'(
    I've been using NAV for all of my computering life. Mainly because it came preinstalled on my first computer. And I want to ease into using something that eats less resources but offers (at least) the same level of protection against viruses (virii?, whatever)
    My subscription for NAV ends in january, so I would have approx half a year to get used to NOD.
    What do I have to keep in mind so two AV's won't be less then one?
    Been hearing horrorstories about two AV's on one system and seeing people post here that seem to have 10 or more. :eek:

14. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Sorry, but I'm dutch ;)

It all depends on the risks you take. When you are running p2p networking software, 2 scanners should do.
    I'm running 1 (etrust), and I'm happy with it (I do run Avast on a second computer, so in fact it's not a backup scanner, it's a scanner an a backup system :D ).

15. Mr.Blaze

:Di never had probs ruining 2 av's most of the guys that make them usually keep in mind about other av's popular ones like norton.

so usually they make them some what compatible

any company that doesn't follow this practice well most likely be dust when people find a program that can get along with another.

face it in this time an age we want back up protection in case one fails the other will pick up.

any company that says all you need is our product so to bypass the answer sorry its not compatible with norton or other popular software will lose out in the end

people are getting smarter not dumber

and the next generation of children already play with pc's as young as 5th and 6th grade

i saw a barbie doll that came with a cd rom and a plug and play 1.0 cable that you hook up to barbie to teach to talk.

for 9 yrs old an up

or something like that

if av' company's want to survive they better start makeing there software compatible with other

and thats the future better is in compatibility and speed with a touch of real hard core programing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.