Norman internet security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Subgud, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Anyone tried this norwegian internet suite? I havent. I read this article:
    http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/reviews/12440.aspx

Here is theire site: http://www.norman.com/en-us

Anyone any idea? i tried this antivirus in 2003 because it is a product you get for free from the biggest bank in Norway. I think i remember they ran a solution called sandbox.?!! Then it was hard to understand but this test i linked to says its not.

Here is some info about theire sandbox http://www.norman.com/Product/Sandbox-products/no

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Well I tried to the trial version in 2004: it needed a lot of memory and it was a bit invasive in the system, and the GUI was too much poor for me. But I also liked the idea of the sandbox: now, 4 years later, may be it is emprouved. I hope.

3. gery

gery Registered Member

Stilot very heavy

4. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Here are the screenshot of the main menu of Norman Security Suite! I really like its parental controll. You set up a username and you add an account to this username. There are 3 different accounts. Child, teenageer and adult.

The child account blocks every site except the ones you add manually, The teenager account blocks sites that contains sexual contents, gambling, drugs and weapons. The adult is open for everything. And to switch between those account you simply right click the program in the tray and voila, there you go!
    Its the most easy thing i have ever tried!!

The firewall i`m not so sure of. But they use sandbox technology!! Big plus! The scanner is very fast! I use Mamutu besides it.(trial version) And it seems good this far!:thumb:

(Cheers!! Mack Beer cold as ice!!!:thumb: :thumb: )

Attached Files:

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

thats almost the EXACT same way the parental works in kaspersky kis2009..

6. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Ok. I have tried KIS 2009 but i dont remember seeing the parental control. Anyway. If its almost the same its must be nice. I like this very much!:thumb:
    (brp and cheers again! Mack beer from the northernmost brewery in the world!):D :D

7. zfactor

did you install the parental in kis2009? you have to do a full install or choose custom and select it but yes its there and it works awesome in pretty much exactly the same way this does, with kis2009 you can limit the amount of time during a set of selected hours they are allowed to be on. and it has child, teenager, and parent etc, it also has a whitelist and blacklist for www pages

8. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Aha! I did not choose custom install. Maybe thats why i dont remember it. It sounds just like this one.

Attached Files:

9. zfactor

not as detailed as that but same idea..

10. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Norman is decent, but the whole suite/program has not been updated for almost 2 years. The whole sandbox is an over-rated heuristics IMO, doesn't really provide much cover like say sandboxie or DefenseWall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.