NordVPN adds "Cybersec" to their client

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by sukarof, Jun 30, 2017.

1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Today the NordVPN client was updated with "Cybersec" Interesting addition, especially their claim that if infected with a botnet malware they can prevent you from participating in the botnet.
    https://nordvpn.com/blog/security-feature-cybersec/

I find the adblocker a bit slow, it adds ever so slight delay on web page loading, atleast for me. I´m gonna stick to uBlock origin.
    Unfortunately one cant turn off the adblocker alone, you have to turn off the whole Cybersec feature :/

2. imdb

imdb Registered Member

nordvpn,meh,mediocre at best.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I wasnt actually posting this to promote people to use Nordvpn but to inform about a new feature I never heard of. But maybe other VPN providers have protection against participating in botnets?

4. imdb

imdb Registered Member

don't know nothing about botnet protection but afair cyberghost client has similar features.top-tier service providers don't have any of these as they are not necessary at all.

5. Tomwa

Tomwa Registered Member

I have tools for this, I don't want my VPN telling me what I can and cannot access.

If you're infected with a botnet you need to remove it, this provides a false sense of security and nothing else.

I don't need that either, I used uBlock Origin and Acrylic DNS proxy.

I don't need or want any of these features, Mullvad works excellently and allows me to configure my system the way I need it configured. Maybe someone needs these features but IMHO they're hugely redundant.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.