Node32 on a non-web PC and timestamp problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gwp99, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwp99

gwp99 Registered Member

In addition to my regular NOD32-protected PC, I have a standalone, non-web connected Audio PC without antivirus software.

In the last day or so all of the backup files on my external USB drives have had their timestamps changed by 1 hour - I have 100's of Gigs which will take hours to resync them to the originals.

I would like to do a NOD32 scan on my Audio PC to ensure no virus has infected it but wondering if I can temporarily install NOD32 without a web connection?

Has anyone seen this timestamp issue before?

Thanks
    Gerry

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That doesn't sound like a virus. It sounds like the change for daylight savings time, which does change the display of file timestamps by an hour.

Prior to the 2007 change to when daylight savings time gets adjusted, this past Sunday would have been the end of daylight savings time. If one of your PCs does not have the patch to adjust when daylight savings time is in effect, it would have changed on Sunday and effected the display of your timestamps. (When DST actually adjusts this Sunday, Nov 2, the timestamps may well by sync'd back correctly for the PC that will change correctly on that day.)

3. gwp99

gwp99 Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Just for info, the UK DID go back an hour on Sunday 26th October 2008. Maybe one PC is set to the wrong / different timezone?

5. gwp99

gwp99 Registered Member

Just to clarify, I am not trying to sync two PC's...I am only trying to sync the Audio PC with its related Backup files on its own USB External drives...although I do transfer the odd flle via USB key or DVD+R between the two PCs.

I also maintain a partial 2nd backup set on a partition of one of the internal drives. When I compare an original file to the backup on the internal drive, the timestamp is the same. When I compare the same file to its USB counterpart, the USB file is 1 hour later. All 3 externals are WD MyBooks.

In case this doesn't straighten itself out on Sunday, I have found a utility that allows me to +/- seconds to a files timestamp (ie 3600secs).

6. gwp99

gwp99 Registered Member

As an update, there is a XP patch that I didn't have - KB942763 - once installed, backups are all properly timestamped.

Thanks again for offering help when this was not nod32 related.

Gerry:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.