Nod32v3.x in Windows 2000 server+ domain environment setup help

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wm408, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wm408

    wm408 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Posts:
    15
    *Nod32 AV 3.0.672 Business Edition on Windows XP clients /w service packs 2 and 3 -- Definition patch 3497.

    Scenario: We have 100+ machines in a 2000 server+ domain environment. I would say 85% of them are still on 2.7x (running reliably). The other 15% I have slowly been rolling out 3.x. Note, for about 2 months I had two test PCs within the domain that we do every day work on running 3.x with absolutely no problems. So I began that slow roll out.

    Over the past 1.5 weeks, the computers with 3.x have been acting odd.
    - Slow Login and Logoffs... I mean REALLY slow. Periods of time where absolutely nothing happens. Un workable. This morning I tried creating a new domain profile for a user and currently their computer is operating seamlessly. I also disabled Web Access Protection on this computer. From what I can see Web Access Protection's purpose would not affect domain related connections, however I am taking a shot in the dark.

    I would really appreciate from here suggestions or documentation on proven domain configurations for end-clients as I believe the problems I am having with 3.x are all directly related. If anyone feels otherwise go ahead and let me know what you think.

    Appreciate any responses.

    Thanks

    -Will
     
  2. Marcos

    Marcos Eset Staff Account

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Posts:
    14,415
    I'd start with disabling automatic real-time protection startup. If it makes a difference, then you can narrow it down further to a specific file extension or particular file. Please let us know about your findings, we'll be happy to assist you in pinpointing the issue.
     
  3. wm408

    wm408 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Posts:
    15
    Will do, Thanks Marcos.
     
  4. wm408

    wm408 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Posts:
    15
    All 3.x clients updated with the "Automatic real-time file system protection startup" disabled.

    Will report findings...
     
  5. Stalks

    Stalks Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2008
    Posts:
    28
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.