NOD32 won't let me open a site

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Windesheim, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windesheim

Windesheim Registered Member

NOD32 won't let me view my school roster. They're on this site: -rooster.windesheim.nl/Roosterdata/smegroep.html-

You can (try to) click any group code, the page won't open.

Using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.0.95.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I tried to add the whole domain and the specific domain to the exclusion list but it didn't work, heck even switching off the complete data and web security didn't help. When I boot Windows into safe mode (with NOD32 not loading) I can finally open and view my roster.

Please halp.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

It may help to submit the domain to our virus labs. They should be able to investigate the site status and determine whether it can be unblocked or what is causing the site to trigger our scanner.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The domain in question is not blocked by ESET whatsoever. Please paste a screen shot of the block alert here.

4. Windesheim

No, it doesn't give a block warning or something. It just won't let me open it at all. When I click on it, it's supposed to open a new page through some javascript code. But with NOD32 enabled, nothing happens. Probably because the website server in question uses some .dll to serve its page.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does it mean that disabling web protection or http scanning in the advanced setup make a difference?

6. Windesheim

Unfortunately not. As long as NOD32's ekrn.exe is running, I can't open the page.

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try different browsers? are you blocking or allowing javascript? if you allow block it and try again.

8. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I just checked the site in an xp virtual machine, no security protection of any sort. Neither IE or Chrome open anything when clicking on the roster items, I just get a page script error.
    I guess that rules Nod out as being the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.