NOD32 weird behavior

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rxtian, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

I'm Cornfused, yesterday I downloaded the new version of NOD32 2.70.16. Everything seemed to be fine. I ran an "in depth analysis" wihich completed ok. Update version 1913

Today I attempted to run an in depth analysis after the update version 1914. As usual. I exited the Control Center and minimized the Scan. Several mintues later I noticed the Scan was gone. So I tried 2 more times. Now the San Box disappeared before my eyes.

My next step, after using some colorful language, was to try to run a normal Scan using the "Run NOD32" menu button. That Scan completed, as did the very next In Depth Analysis I tried.

OK, so what the heck could have prevented the first In Depth Analysis Scans from completing? When I checked the Logs, there were 4 instances of "Cleaning" listed under status, but they never completed.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! If you have pasted the new version over the old version this might happen . Unfortunately some people here in the forum have reported similar thing . I would advise you reinstall in order to fix the problem

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical installation settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

:thumb:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you do not run an in-depth scan but just a standard scan with archives, sfx archives and email files disables, does it make a difference?

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Hi, there was a bug but they have not released fixed version via Update module.

5. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

Marcos : I followed HiTech Boy's :thumb: instructions on the first computer that gave me trouble. NOD32 now runs all Scans to completion, including Scans of the two internal and two external drives together.
    I can minimize the Scan and exit the Control Center without any disappearing act of the Scan itself. Thanks HiTech

So far, the other two computers with NOD32 2.70.16 didn't have the bad behavior of the first computer. I've run both In Depth and Normal scans on both the other 'puters, and everything is fine ( fingers crossed ). If something does go wrong, I know what to do.

The only question I ran into was that there is some added options in the 2.70.16 Build that are not covered in the version of Blackspear's Setup tutorial I have. Since they were ( I can't remember the exact verbiage ) potentially dangerous or unwanted or ugly applications, I just checked 'em.

Today was fun. I spent a lot of time running a test/debug build on some antispyware. That worked out fine. It's great that I am only a guy following the directions of others who know what they are doing.

6. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

fosius : I have learned two lessons.
    1). Although I have not done so previously, I've learned not to even think about any beta testing volunteer work.
    2). When a new version of anything is out, wait for the formal update release.

If it weren't for "people helping other people" in Forums like this one, I would have been "without the paddle" a long time ago.

Thanks to all that responded :D
    Happy Holidays :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.