NOD32 vs Pegasus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jledyard, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jledyard

jledyard Registered Member

When I attempt to download mail in Pegasus 4.41 email program, the NOD32 attempts to do a download. Eventually, both downloads fail. I have posted a message about this on the Pegasus forum, but I am not satisfied with the way that NOD32 behaves. Basically, it should not attempt a download. I can go to the program and attempt an update, but it says that I am up to date.

I am afraid to stop NOD32 in order to get my mail, and I do not understand why NOD32 should do anything when I run my email program. See the 3 attachments for screen captures of NOD32 and Pegasus 4.41.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2008
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks God screenshots exist . It is pretty freak if NOD32 downloads something every time you use your mail client . :D :D :D

The second screenshot you provided shows that you have IMON (the internet monitoring) set to Higher efficently mode .
    Most likely this is incompatiable with your Pegasus. Try this:

1) Open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications are set on Higher compatibility .

imon_stuff_12344321.png

imoncompmode.PNG

2) Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

3) Open NOD32's Control Center -> IMON and at the right panel start the IMON protection . Confirm ! Restart immediately !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.