nod32 vs dr web??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Maybe I'll start later a separate thread for ADinf32 (not quite sure at the moment; I have to think about it...).

Maybe it would be better to leave this thread to its own topic (I know, I started talking about ADinf32 :oops: ).

Cheers, Jan.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have heard dr web support is very good and thier sig update times is recently also quite fast. nod has been great for the last couple of weeks updates every day or so (i know kav does it every hour) but they are getting better. think i will still try it. you guys think it will play nice with nod?? thanks

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I will assume that you mean to use 1 av as on-demand and the other as real-time-monitor.

As I recall some of Blackcat's prior posts, DrWeb can sometimes get annoyed if it isn't the only av on-board.

As to my own experience, I can say that DrWeb plays nicely with the other AV's on my computer (F-Prot, AVG, AntiVir), but I don't know if the good Doctor would tolerate being in bed with Madam NOD. :eek:

By the way -- since you already have NOD, why spend money for DrWeb? If you want a back-up or second opinion AV, one of the freebies might do the job. Then, instead of paying for a second av, you could spend that money on something like BOClean, or a dozen roses for your significant other. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.