NOD32 v5 problem with removable media scan - infinite loop

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by v35_pilot, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v35_pilot

v35_pilot Registered Member

Have had this problem twice now since upgrading to NOD32 v5 on my Win7 x64 PC - The removable media scan seems to get stuck in an infinite loop and scans the same medium over and over again, about one scan every two seconds, until I reboot the computer to stop it.

The latest example of this issue happened tonight. I closed my empty DVD tray and the removable media scan started up, reported nothing found, completed, and then repeated the entire process.

Here's a screen grab of the first several scans to give you an idea of this loop:

SNAG-0534a.jpg

I have reported this officially via the "customer care" link in the product but I thought I would still look here for ideas.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. v35_pilot

v35_pilot Registered Member

To add some more information - this problem happens when a software product automatically ejects a CD/DVD/Bluray disc. Once the disc is ejected, this maddening loop of scans on the empty drive begins.

3. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I've had similar with the pop-up notification that prompts for action on inserting removable media. After ejecting the media, it kept popping up repeatedly even though the drive was empty. The only way I could solve it was by turning off the notification prompt in the settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.