NOD32 v4 Won't Update "general compiler" error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mkong409, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkong409

mkong409 Registered Member

I wanted to give NOD32 a try based on some friend recommendations.

I installed on my machine and everything went fine. However, the software continues to error when updating. The error is "General Compiler" error.

I'm not sure if this is a trial software issue, or whether something is broken here. I did find the other threads on this issue and tried the solution provide there, but no dice. (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1118593&postcount=2)

Anyone have an ideas?

I'm running Win7 RC1 x64 (that may be the issue, however I see posts saying that Win7 runs fine with NOD32)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried clearing the update cache?

3. mkong409

Yep, and I made sure all .NUP files were removed from the folder after doing that, rebooted, ran update again. Still no go.

I will add, I did have the Kaspersky Win7 beta version installed prior to this, I did do an uninstall of that and rebooted. No complaints from NOD32 on install about that, just thought I would post it for additional reference.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just out of curiosity, are you logged in as an administrator? Does the problem persist after restarting the computer?

5. mkong409

I'm using my domain account, which is part of the local administrators group.

My laptop is in the domain, but most of the time I am logged in cached as I am mobile and not connected to the domain. However, I am still granted admin credentials even while cached.

UAC is on for Windows 7, I have not disabled it.

Yes, I have tried multiple reboots, that doesn't seem to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.