NOD32 v4 and SP2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by redfive, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfive

redfive Registered Member

Has the compatibility between the two improved at all? I have one client who is a stickler for his Windows Updates and it's begging him to install SP2. He's going bananas because last time he did the update NOD32 broke on him and wouldn't update.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

The problematic module has been updated and the problem has cleared up. Just make sure that you install Nod32 and update it before you install SP2 to get the fix if you are doing a new build (made that mistake a few times on servers :gack: )

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

What if I have Windows Vista SP2 and EAV v3 and want to upgrade to EAV v4?

Regards,

Mark.

4. SmackyTheFrog

In that situation I ended up having to make a cfg.xml file that specified that the self-protection was disabled, then keep that file in the same directory as the installer I run on the system. Honestly though, if you are doing a full deployment in a Vista environment, that is a bit of a deal-breaker and you are better off waiting until they release a newer build with updated modules out of the box.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The installers were actually updated at the beginning of August so they already contain current modules.

6. SmackyTheFrog

Why don't you release a new build number when you do something like that, or add that to the change log, or show a release date for the download on the page so I can have some indication that the file has been changed without pulling down a copy and doing an MD5 comparison? I've been dicking with custom cfg files to workaround this issue for a long while because there is absolute no indication that the installer of build 347 I downloaded in March is different from the one now available!

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'll discuss with other guys if publishing MD5 of the installers would be possible.

8. SmackyTheFrog

That still isn't a solution considering I'm not going to keep a backlog of MD5s to check against if something changes on the download page. There was a breaking bug in your product and the package was updated to correct this, yet there is no documentation for the change. That is a problem.

But having MD5's along with download links are just a good idea in general. So do that anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.