NOD32 v4.2 Bus. Ed: parametric groups and child folders

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Reedmikel, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reedmikel

Reedmikel Registered Member

I am using parametric groups to organize all my clients into separate folders. One client has 2 buildings, each with its own static IP. So I created a parent folder named "Client ABC Co." and assigned it a HAS IP Mask parameter. I then created a SUBfolder named "Client ABC Co. - Bldg 2" and assigned it a HAS IP Mask parameter (different IP than parent).

To my surprise, the NOD32 node in building 2 never shows in this group's SUBfolder. It seems as though subfolders inherit the parameters of their parent folder(s). It this expected/by design? If so, it might be nice to have a checkbox "do not inherit parameters from parent". And if this is by design, it would be helpful to display the parent's parameters in the CHILD's Parameters section (maybe color it differently to indicate it is from the parent).

2. Reedmikel

bump...

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting customer care as this needs to be replicated on ESET's part. However, other ERA users may be able to answer you here.

4. Reedmikel

Hi Marcos - are you saying the policy inheritance behavior I observed is not correct? Are you saying to report it as a bug? Or, are you saying it is working as designed, and that I should contact customer care to request a feature enhancement?

5. Marcos

Unfortunately, I'm unable to comment on it as I haven't played with parametric groups to such an extent as you.

6. Reedmikel

Maybe one of the other moderators is familiar with parametric groups?

7. Marcos

The param. group is updated after clicking the "Synchronize now" button. Will try to get more info on this from the devs and update you then.

8. Reedmikel

Thanks, I am aware that one can force a group update/synchronization by clicking on the [Synchronize Now] button. BUT, that was not my question. Perhaps someone at ESET that is more familiar with parametric groups can look at my original question and respond?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.