NOD32 v4.0.437.0 on Vista/Windows7RC

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rustyman, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustyman

rustyman Registered Member

Hi Everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum but have been a fan for a long time for security issues.

I've been trying to deploy NOD32 v 4.0.437.0 via RAC. Everytime I try to deploy to Vista PCs I got this error message "Could not install ESET Installer on target computer(SC error code 11, GLE error code 5)".
    I don't have this problem when deploying it to XP machines.
    Eset tech and googling suggested that it might be permission problem. I followed those suggestions but still no luck (i.e. disabled UAC).
    Can anyone please shed some lights? thanks

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Check to see if the remote registry service is running on the Vista machines. I believe it is disabled out of the box but push installs need it.

3. rustyman

Thanks for the reply SmackyTheFrog but that didn't work.
    Still looking.

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Check out the application logs on the target system to see if the installer service was getting invoked or if it didn't get that far. Beyond that, I would check to make sure the administrative shares are accessible from your RAS with no firewall blocking them [\\pc\c$ is the easy check]. Verify that the credentials you are caching on the RAS have full administrative rights on the target vista system. If you want to be a little more direct about things, maybe install a copy of Wireshark on your RAS and watch traffic to one of the Vista machines during a push install and see if any ports are not being responded to. That could give you a good idea on exactly what step of things is having problems.

5. rustyman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.