NOD32 V3 and Mail Marshall &command line scanning

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by griffial, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffial

griffial Registered Member

Hi
    I have updated Nod32 v2 to version 3 and are using Mail Marshal.

I have added the command line scanner in mail marshal which is the ecls.exe

but have no idea as to what paramaters to give it. In v2 i copied the paramaters from the mail marshal site but they have not updated it to v3

Please help!! I have attached a screenshotof the default paramaters?

thanks.

Attached Files:

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

What parameters to use depend what you prefer, but below is an example:

Code:
    /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus" /aind /files /no-boots /arch /mail /sfx /rtp /adware /unsafe /unwanted /pattern /heur /adv-heur /action=clean /quarantine /no-log-all
    I believe this example should contain most of the settings for high security (unless i missed some parameters). If you open nod32, press f1 and search for "command line" you should find all the available parameters and what they do so you can add/remove what you prefer. You should always include the /base-dir parameter. The {CmdFileName} parameter i believe is a function in Marshal which is a variable for the file(s) and not nod32 so most likely you have to include that one as well.

3. griffial

griffial Registered Member

Hi Thanks for the post but i'm still having issues? I copy and paste the command line string in and enable the rule and all email entering is marked as spam. I have tried to play around with the command line string to get it working but without any success. help thanks

4. wallop

wallop Registered Member

Did you ever get this sorted? We have just changed to NOD32 v3 and are having problems getting it working with Mail Marshal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.