NOD32 v3.0 and email

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Nikhto, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikhto

Nikhto Registered Member

Just a newbie question. After installing NOD32 v3.0, I am receiving phone calls from people who say they have sent emails that I have not received. I notice that, during the downloading of emails, there is a temporary ESET folder shown, apparently for scanning infected emails. This is then deleted, but I don't see any emails in the "Infected Items" folder.

RAM: 4Gb
    Email: Outlook Express v6.0
    ISP: Optus Cable

o_O

2. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Can anyone help this guy ? i cant figure this one out o_O

3. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Perhaps if he turns the email protection off and then sends himself an email, just to see whether he receives it? That way at least we will know whether it is Nod or OE6 causing the problem.

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

There should only be infected mails in the 'infected items' folder. The temp folder is merely for scanning all mail. After the scan being done, the mail should be dropped in the 'In Box' and the temp folder is deleted again. Don't know why you don't receive any mail, unless you it were infected mails and your Nod is configured to delete infected mail. You should be able to check the count of scanned emails.

5. rusthandle

rusthandle Registered Member

I have also recently installed Nod32 and am having the same problems with some e-mails not being received. Also running XP SP2 and Outlook Express 6.

Good to know about the temp folder - I was also wondering what was going on.

6. ipaw

ipaw Registered Member

Hi all,
    I have the same problem & yes I saw the temp file & my emails (not all) go straight to the delete box. When I checked thay were gone so eset must be deleting them not just moving them to the delete box.

Eset looks as if they are trying to remove spam etc but what is happening is they are deleting my scriptions not just the crap.

I have disabled this function in the advance settings but this also disables the email scan function as well (i think) at least all my emails are arriving as well as all of the spam

7. rusthandle

rusthandle Registered Member

I have set the Nod 32 e-mail protection actions to "no action" in the advanced set-up tree.

The mail rules in Outlook Express are to move specified mail to the deleted items folder, i.e. not to delete.

However, I still seem to be losing mail - have just turned my computer on and opened Outlook Express to find one new message. But Nod32 e-mail protection count says it has scanned 2 messages.

Any other ideas what might be happening? I presume the number of scanned messages resets to zero each time you turn the computer off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.