NOD32 v2.7 not updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. src2206

src2206 Registered Member

Thank you for your reply hitech_boy :)

But I think you have missed the last line of my previous post....;)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have . Sorry :D :D

3. stefanonardi

stefanonardi Registered Member

Hi,

I'm still having problems in updating NOD32... I tried to update many times with all official mirrors I had, but nothing happened, definitions are always dated 20080101!

I was wondering about switching to unofficial mirrors, but I can't find any... could anyone help me?

Ste

4. eohjun

eohjun Registered Member

Update is normal!! Virus Signiture of My Nod3(v2.7) is '2774(2008010:cool:' Now.

5. stefanonardi

stefanonardi Registered Member

Still not working :( any idea, or official/third party server suggestion?

Ste

6. biggerbyte

biggerbyte Registered Member

Be careful though. The latest updates/downloads will work if you happen to hit the right server, or you keep clicking on update now until a server allows the update. I just got 2775. It is still, however, a VERY quick download. So quick that it seems to be doing nothing more than updating the version number. I don't see how this can be right. I wish that someone would tell us what is exactly going on. We need to know if we are actually current. I'd hate to have the latest version number thinking that all is well, when in fact my computer is wide open to the world with the latest viruses and such. I STRONGLY suggest that someone from ESET address this.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why don't you reinstall your NOD32 and check your firewall/proxy settings . Update is supposed to be "fixed" . I had a problem just for a few hours and all is OK now . I have paid version .

If you still can't update even after reinstall , contact your local ESET office so that they check your license

1. Download fresh new Eset NOD32 product from http://www.eset.com/download . Make sure that you choose the correct version.
    2. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually this folders:

- C:\Program files\ESET

5. Reinstall your ESET protection with the file you just downloaded . Use typical install. After reboot , it should update.

Contact ESET:
    http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php
    http://www.eset.com/partners/worldwide.php

8. brunos

brunos Registered Member

From mine 15 people, there are only 4 people with today max. able to Update on v.2774 - and that, they able to do, only after prox. 50-80 pressings the Eset NOD32 2.7.x "Update Now" + Keyboard "Spacebar" buttons, and just one more PC from one of mine colegge, that really riched present Eset Update
    v.2775 (20080108 ), also posted by Eset today as previous v.2774.

Rest of the here mentioned 10 people of mine, stuck with some totally previous Updates, even from 01.01.2008.

I think that there is nothing wrong with the Eset NOD32 as Software installation, or Proxies, Firewalls, etc.
    As I allready tell and claim here before in my threads, on my test PC runing just for this Eset "Crysis now", a totally clean and fresh MSWinXPSP2 was installed with pure Windows Firewall, and really OK ADSL LAN Connection (I give my self time and effort to investigate). I try to Update the Eset NOD32 2.70.39 and failed many times. Second here, I try all the above, and in totally different scenario and on second Test PC, I try to do that also with 2.70.32 and even on third Test PC, Eset NOD32 3.0.621.0 - every single was haveing this Update problem except the last mentioned here, the Eset NOD32 3.0.621.0!!! I even try all this on V.92 Analog connection in case that something is wrong with ADSL LAN Net Connection!

END CONCLUSION: The all Eset NOD32 2.x has problems with Updateing, disregard if they really received an Update of prox. 8.5MB, because after that Update, Eset officially post at least 4-5 small and more Updates...
    Only the Eset NOD32 3.x can Update with any problem or any really delay...

The "Eset Moderator" here respectfully clariffy all before, and that only Eset NOD32 2.x Users had impact with this Update problem, but, as I can understand, he claim that it should not be any more problem for Updateing even this older versions of Eset NOD32, and that problem last no longer than 24 hours and allready finished!!!

Well, from mine present testings, that before mentioned claim is still NOT quite correct (so, we might suffering from "post-impact problem" :) ), and a great portion of Users (Legall, Trial, or Illegal), still trully has the problem with Updateing, as I claiming right now, and on my first few sentences here in right this of my Thread.

So, I beleive that everything will be just fine and that Updates will be really back on, normall and stabilized, after next few days...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  9. biggerbyte

Thanks, but the link you provided, which I already knew, no longer allows a 2.7 trial download. I wrote ESET, as someone else has suggested before, to ask for a trial user password and user name. They have not replied, which I have found to be typical. Time is running out before I move on. Simply too much hassle they are causing now. I'm not going to download 3.0, trial or not, until everyone in here gives the thumbs up on it. I don't have time for that bs either.

Thanks again for trying.

10. biggerbyte

I hope you are right. It was NOT fixed as of today. I'd like to hear from someone at ESET about what is going on, and what they are doing about it. This is an ongoing issue with ESET, where when they have issues such as this, they leave thier current, and especially thier potential new customers out to dry. We hear nothing about nothing, in many cases, including this one. I'm still setting here after several days of not knowing what to do, nor what to expect. Not even a response from email can be had. I'm not surprised about that one.

11. penny

penny Registered Member

:rolleyes:
    I am one of the VERY few left running WIN98.
    The whole reason for running ESET NOD32 was because it supported my OS.
    No news .. nothing. Just dropped the support.
    Removed the download link for Windows 95/98/ME.
    No TRUE updates in DAYS.
    No responce to emails.

It claims to have updtaed. BUT the update file was only 8kb in size after NOTHING for over a week.

Very disapointed and let down. :thumbd:

12. ae_otg

ae_otg Registered Member

Hello, everybody. I'm new here :)P ), but I've been using NOD32 for almost two years now, for it is an excellent AV and extremly light on computer resources :thumb:. Unfortunatelly, just as I've been reading in this forum, I've been having the same problem updating NOD32 2.70.39 in all of my three computers (one desktop and two laptops), using both registered and trial versions of the software.

Everything started at the end of 2007 and since then the only way I could make the update successful was pressing like a thousand times the "update" button, for NOD32 said "Your version of NOD32 is up to date. No update necessary." even when the signatures were 5 months older (trial version) or a week older (registered version). I should mention that the update was successful until today. The explanation by marcos (24h problem) is not quite accurate, for the problem persists. :thumbd:

I downloaded the trial version of NOD32 3 and the problem wasn't there. However NOD32 3 isn't yet, to my opinion, as good as its predecesor, so I want to stick to 2.70.39 for now. I hope the problem gets resolved quickly since having old signatures is like beeing at war without helmet, shield and sword. :(

Thanks.

13. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

As I understand it updates are deliberately kept small (in file size), so it's not strange that the download is 'quick'. My version (paid, 2.70.32) is updating fine and automatically at the moment. If the version number increases you can be sure that the updates have been installed (you can check in the Eset folder on your pc in the 'updfiles' map).

But I can understand that you and other users would rather get confirmation and an explanation from an Eset representative. Let's hope one swing's by...

14. biggerbyte

Yeppers! I'm hangiong on pins and needles too not knowing what to expect. I show to be current with "forced updates", but I DO NOT feel safe at all.
    Still no reply from ESET. How do they expect me to purchase their product if they have such a horrible support base. It is a whole other thing to be paying for support you are not getting.

15. biggerbyte

I've never seen the updates be so small.
    You are correct that we still have no confirmation from anyone as to what is happening.

16. xp_1839

xp_1839 Registered Member

Anyone using NOD32 2.7.39 managed to get the update? NOD32 3.0.621 updates every available definitions without issue.

17. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Like I mentioned in earlier posts, my NOD32 2.7.32 is updating fine at the moment. But there still seem to be people with update issues.

18. ae_otg

ae_otg Registered Member

I'm still having problems with NOD32 2.7 :cautious: . It doesn't update automatically. One must use the update button many times to get lucky. And, as said, NOD32 3 updates without trouble. Where is ESET? People deserve explanations as to why their software isn't working as it should. Why is it that NOD32 3 works fine and 2.7 doesn't, when, correct me if I'm wrong, the both use the same update servers? o_O

19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There are a number of update issue threads spread across 3 Eset Support Forums ongoing at the moment. Eset reps have responded concerning the update issues and since they have not made it to this thread yet, I'll leave the latest We know concerning todays update issue.

Is there a problem with the Eset update servers today?
    HTH,
    Bubba

20. penny

penny Registered Member

10 + days of NOTHING but problems for me.
    10 + days since I sent a email of and I have heard nothing.

NOD32 HAD a VERY good reputation.

NOW, because they have NOT resolved this update issue, not responded to requests of HELP, not explained why they dropped support for older OSs.

I am getting the HELL out of dodge.

I started useing NOD32 after nothing but headaces and problems from Norton , McAfee ect.

This is no better.

Over 10 days behind on DATS... INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the best part is... all my email I forward or send... says it was scanned by ESET NOD32. dropped a virus on a friends PC today. Mine is also HEAVILY infected.

THANKS FOR NOTHING ESET... I am so happy with your product! I hope all the emails I have sent to you are also HEAVILY infected with viruses.

21. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Penny, so sad :'( to hear of your predicament with an infected PC:eek:

NOD32 continues its business as usual:cool:

22. chinmay

chinmay Registered Member

hey change date to 31t dec 2007
    and update

no my update is 2783

i just updated

but dont kno whether it ll get updated later

:p

23. penny

penny Registered Member

o_O How do you figure? (that is laughable to say the least)

If you can call not updating, no support, no responce to emails and no information about dropping support for older operating systems CONTINUING AS NORMAL.. then I guess it is GREAT bussiness.:thumbd:

No longer will they get bussiness from myself or any PC I come in contact with.

This is not a sort term problem. It is a ONGOING problem. One that has repeated itself more then once. This in not a minor problem. It is one that should have been addressed ASAP.

If you feel "secure" using a anti virus program that fails to do it's job... power to you.

Hope you have a backup of your files.

24. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

anybody know where I can get a manual update for '98?

FWIW in addition to having purchased v2.7 I also own and use 2kpro and XP, and if/when I ever bother using one of these online I won't be troubling myself with ESET, unless I can get def files for download. Is ESET that troubled by pirates that they won't allow this? They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  25. brunos

brunos Registered Member

It seems to me that last 2 days is much easier to get download than any previous days. It is true, that it is not automatic Update still on most cases, but just after few presses the "Update Now" button you will get Update OK...

I think that everything will be OK after few more days of Server stabilization -I just think because standardised prox. 8.5MB Update for ALL, the Servers has just push the past the red line, so they need to cool off and again work in normal working environment with green light on... :)

For the Win98 Users I suggest that they contact Eset. - Maybe will someone wish to kill me now and said, we are not so stupid, we did!!!!!!
    Ok, OK, I believe that Eset might decide to finally shut down any more Eset NOD32 AV download versions for Win98, because this OS has past every single warranty and support even from Microsoft it self before some years ago. The Microsoft Road policy is obligate them that give any support for their product to 7 years after launching this same product. It is true that they have special extended policies for some + years after that, but Win 98 is ancient...
    Newer the less, I can understand how you feels, so I will just ask, well maybe the Eset really remove the Download button for Eset NOD32 AV for Win98.
    But, he says that from this year all Updates are standardized for all versions of Eset products. - Are you absolutely sure that you do not have this particular Update problem like many others here, or you are 100% sure that this of your Updates problem is stick only for your special Win98 version of the Eset NOD32 AV. Maybe you have same problems like we all here haves, which I believe that it will be completely gone after next few days.

As I said earlier also, even yesterday and today I noticed that Eset Update is more "willing"...
    So, I believe that this is only for now a prox 2 weeks technical question about Eset Server Update deploy and nothing else... We all need to download this huge 8.5MB Eset Update at the start of this year, and the Servers is on dry here...
    I think that is all here, and everything will be just fine and auto-repaired itself completely during next more days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.